Venice Gathering w/ Indy Scott, September 1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well hey everyone.. finally got back from my excursion to that side of the state last night and just wanted to let you know that it was a pleasure meeting those of you that I did... Robert and I where in the water over 4 hours on Saturday and I think we got to scarf one piece of chicken between dives and talk for a few minutes with everyone - you all where gone by the time we came back in. :11: So to those of you I did meet... it was nice meeting you!!

On our first dive as my face is planted on the seabed looking for teeth, I notice these pretty colors in the top view of my mask and look up and come face to face with a loggerhead turtle about 4 inches from my face. We both look at each other and :11: AWESOME.... then on the second dive 2 seahorses, one had to have been 4-5 inches curled around my finger.

Becky... you're family is in my prayers! Robert, thanks for your hospitality and the new tune system... my ride back was much more enjoyable.

Rich, the wreck dive in the Gulf on Sunday was FABU!!! I can't believe I didn't have my camera for that dive. He was a leopard toadfish that was hanging out in that wreck... plus, there was another one on the second dive.

Can't wait for the next event... I'm still Megless :(

Well, what can I add to the responses already on the board? We had an awesome time and will DEFINATELY be back to do it again. In fact, my wife raved the entire 8 hours home about how much fun she had and what an awesome group of people we had met! I couldn't agree more. There were a couple of drawbacks, like not finding my first Meg, and the parking ticket, but even with those minor setbacks, this weekend was a hit!
My first dive was a bust, since I had no clue what I was doing. After about an hour underwater, I came back for some water (drinking-type) and a clue. That was provided by Moteman and MissD. The second dive was much more productive and lasted a good hour and a half. When I got back on the beach after that dive, I grabbed a piece of chicken and some more water, before heading back out. This dive lasted about two hours and was pretty profitable as well. (total tooth count was 346).
Teeth.gif

As I came out of the surf, I noticed that my wife and daughter were packing us out. They were ready to GO! I was so absorbed in the dives that I lost track of time. They were both a little crispy and wind burnt, and needed to get out of there. We said goodbye to the people still on the beach and took off, headed for Tampa. The Venice PD had left me a present on my windshield, that really torqued me off, but hey, a boat dive costs 3 times what this parking ticket did. I got ticketed because, get this, I was facing the wrong way where I parked. Not because of location, but because of the direction I was facing. What a scam those guys have going. If I was local, I would definately fight this.
Anywho, it was a great trip and I look forward to getting back in the water with each and every one of you again.

I wanted to send a special "Thank You" to MissDirected. You did a great job of putting this together and I certainly apprieciate it. Also, thanks for bringing the tanks!

Some-of-us.gif

Crew4.gif

Crew3.gif

Crew2.gif

See, I've told people there's a big ole turtle out there! Very unshy isn't she?!

Wait till the manatee come up for a visit!

Grumby - I know I've posted on the board about 3 things that will get a ticket in VB for sure. 1) parking the wrong way on the side of the road, 2) on the corners, between the no parking signs, or in front of driveways, 3) on the empty lot at the corner of Alhambra. Officer Betty is very forgiving for most things, but she has to do it otherwise there are complaints from the retired octogenarians occupying the nearby residences.

OK.. now, post a better pic of the tooth in the lower left of that photo that has a large brown dental plate.

Not so quick there, Captain. There's a tooth in the lower left hand corner, larger than the rest with a larger dental plate. Can you take a better (closer) pic? it may be a small meg.

Capt Grumby:
There were a couple of drawbacks, like not finding my first Meg,

CBulla:
See, I've told people there's a big ole turtle out there! Very unshy isn't she?!

Wait till the manatee come up for a visit!

Grumby - I know I've posted on the board about 3 things that will get a ticket in VB for sure. 1) parking the wrong way on the side of the road, 2) on the corners, between the no parking signs, or in front of driveways, 3) on the empty lot at the corner of Alhambra. Officer Betty is very forgiving for most things, but she has to do it otherwise there are complaints from the retired octogenarians occupying the nearby residences.

OK.. now, post a better pic of the tooth in the lower left of that photo that has a large brown dental plate.

Colin, no offense, but look at your post count. I must have missed the one about the parking tickets in there.
Close-up-for-CBulla.gif

Is this the shot you were looking for?

Ah, but I know I've posted in recent Venice threads... I'm going to add it to the "Insider Information" Post #2 as well..

No meg my left foot.. go look at your ID card again bubba.

Capt Grumby:
Colin, no offense, but look at your post count. I must have missed the one about the parking tickets in there.
Close-up-for-CBulla.gif

Is this the shot you were looking for?

DebbyDiver:
Oh WOW...why are you going? Are you in the service? A marine biologist?
Buzzzzz, None of the above.
I'm a...............HOUSE-HUBBY :blinking:

DebbyDiver:
And CONGRATS to you and Mrs. Yellowsub on your baby!!
Thanks

Lucky you...on both accounts! Third lucky: she's bringing you with her! :)

So now the curious want to know: why is your wife going there?

CBulla:
She was munching on the seaweed and we both were startled when we saw each other. Her eyes got a little bigger too when she saw me in her face. But we just looked at each other for a few seconds and then she slowly turned and swam off. I didn't want to make any sudden movements because I didn't want her to bite me, she was that close. It was awesome!!! :D

Did anyone lose a knife at Alhambra on Saturday or sometime over the weekend? I was diving there this afternoon and found someone's recently lost pig sticker. Sorry, but I didn't have time to go through the 350 posts to see if a knife was lost and I'm kinda ticked at not being able to be there with y'all anyway and having to do a cruise instead, but I did get to do a couple of dives in Nassau...but that's another story.

So anyway PM me with a reasonably accurate description of said lost knife and I will return it to the rightful owner.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom