Venice Gathering w/ Indy Scott, September 1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am bringing an extra dive flag in case someone needs it.

Walter, my good friend, enjoy Bonaire. Will think of you :10:

MissD -- Yep, room in the cooler. See ya tomorrow.

Gotta go wake up Chad for our predive ritual -- McDonald's...

I came, I dived, I'm home... soon off to a kids b-day party. 103 minute dive, a couple megs a couple handfulls of teeth, some bones.. it was nice and quiet out on the reef.... lots of fish :)

It was great to see some familar faces and meet some new ones! Sorry I couldn't stick around :D

Thanks guys. Chad and I had a blast...but we are, admittedly, easily amused. Dkramer was kind enough to take us under her wing, and her kayak complete with dive flag, and show us how to do a bit of toofin'. Thanks. Here she is before the vis opened up a bit.
DaneVenice.jpg

We found a few teeth. Nothing big but enough that we'll certainly go back again.
SharkTeeth.jpg

We were just gearing up for a second dive with Dane and mistigold (aka Wayne) when we discovered a hole in Chad's inflator hose -- bummer. We left early and dropped it off at our LDS where the owner apologized and promised she'd get the hose replaced before next weekend. Cool.

Chad's comment on the way home? "We sure meet a lot of nice people. You just have to know where to look. Just like sharks' teeth." I'm not making this up and he wasn't drinking...other than a McD's milkshake on the way home.

Badger Matt:
Thanks guys.

===snipped===

Chad's comment on the way home? "We sure meet a lot of nice people. You just have to know where to look. Just like sharks' teeth." I'm not making this up and he wasn't drinking...other than a McD's milkshake on the way home.

Boy, ain't that the truth(or trooth:D) ...

Had fun and really enjoyed meeting the new (to me) folks, and seeing the rest of y'all again...

Steve
Dork :dork2:
Badge
Provider
Extraordinaire

Rut Roh, my face on the world wide web................eek! :11: Ya know, I totally forgot you took that pic. I had a great time today. I even managed to find a few teeth!!:D
It was a pleasure meeting everyone. Thanks MissD for getting everyone together & thanks Steve for the :dork2: badge. A big thanks to all the folks who helped me get my gear to & from the water.:D Chad, again, I'm sorry for kicking you so many times.:shakehead: It was great diving with ya'll. Let's do it again!:D

Walter:
No lobsters, but there are Stone Crabs. Of course, they are not yet in season.......

As I gathered teeth today I found something white pointing out of the sand ... i felt of it ,,, hmmm feels smooth kinda like a fossil ... so I try to pull it out ..... suddenly the sand rose and a HUGE stone crab shuffeled off under the grass :dork2:
I had a great time today .... I will be on this coast at least once a month and would enjoy diving with you guys then :wink:
KP

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom