Venice Gathering w/ Indy Scott, September 1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chad, my son, and I will be there...early. I was bummed big time with an appointment on the 1st...but it was cancelled this afternoon. Chad is really looking forward to hunting for shark teeth (he's 14) and I can hardly wait to start putting names with faces. Becky, the Princess of the Keys, and her wonderful boys are the only ones we've met so far...

What should we bring for the food/drink pot?

75 exit 200 to Osprey. Continue Southeast on TAMIAMI TRL N/FL-45 S/US-41 S toward BAYVIEW DR. Continue to follow TAMIAMI TRL N/FL-45 S. 7.4 miles Map Turn RIGHT onto MIAMI AVE W. <0.1 miles Turn LEFT onto NOKOMIS AVE S. <0.1 miles Turn RIGHT onto PONCE DE LEON AVE. 0.3 miles Turn LEFT onto HARBOR DR S. 0.1 miles Turn RIGHT onto ALHAMBRA RD. 0.4 miles Follow ALHAMBRA RD to the end

Hey, that can be me. I've got a couple coolers and can bring ice. Dadgummit -- I can hardly wait to tell the missus "I am so useful."

DebbyDiver:
Hey, can anyone tell me if these directions are any good once I get to your side of the peninsula?

Come across on 75 alligator alley
From the south:
Head to Venice on I 75. Take exit 193 and head SW (coming from the south that’s a left turn) on Jacaranda. Turn right on Venice Ave. Stay on Venice Ave until after you’ve crossed the bridge to the downtown area. Turn left at the second light after the bridge (Harbor - name not well marked). Turn right at the 5th street (Alhambra).

Missdirected:
MmmmScuba, we did something a little different this time and created a "menu". would it be okay for you and your wife to bring some fruit? If so then I shall put you down for that. :)

I'll be happy to bring fruit. How much should I bring? Any requests for what kind?

Missdirected:
Grumby, I can rent you some tanks while I am at the shop. I am going to arrive at 8 a.m. on Saturday, does that work for you?

Miss D, that would be AWESOME! I was going to get three tanks (Air) for saturday. If you don't mind picking them up, I will pay you back as soon as we get to the beach on Saturday (0800). We will be staying at a hotel Friday night, but Saturday and Sunday night we will be staying in Tampa. If you pick the tanks up for me, I can let my little one sleep in until 0700, instead of getting her up at 0500. She will LOVE you for this!:D

spschneer:
REMINDER TO Y'ALL

Please PM me with your ScreenName and your preferred name so I can make up your DORK:dork2: BADGE for Saturday...

I'll be arriving as early as I can after I get two teenage girls awake and on the road:shakehead:...hopefully not too long after 8:00 AM (plan is to leave home around 6:00-6:30 and it should take 1-1/2 to 2 hours)....See Ya there....

Steve

My son has a train horn in his truck, would you like to borrow it :rofl2:

Don't stress Debby, peeps will be diving all day :)

Actually, I half thought of staying over in Venice Friday night but I have Robert's football game.

I haven't really been keeping tabs, but my 10 yr old has asked a very important question.

Does anyone know (or have an estimate) of how many non-diving kids will be there and what the ages are?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom