Venice Gathering w/ Indy Scott, September 1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

YAY BECKY WILL BE THERE!!!!!!!

I still don't have a clue whether Sallie's 8 year old twins will make it yet, her ex- is being a pain in the rump about it...keep your fingers crossed!

Capt Grumby:
I need to pick the collective brain of the Sarasota/Venice locals for a second here.

I am coming down Friday and will be staying in a hotel about 2 miles from the Alhambra site. I plan on renting tanks from there, as opposed to paying for them to sit in my car over the rest of the weekend (spending two more days in Tampa). According to the almighty internet, it looks as though Florida West is the closest shop to both the hotel and Alhambra. I called them and they close at 1800 hrs on weekdays, and reopen at 0900 Saturday morning. I would like to be at the beach and set up by 0800. That means I need to get tanks Friday night.

Does anyone know of a scuba shop that stays open later than 1800 hrs on a Friday night in Sarasota? If there isn't one close by, then I will have to alter my travel plans and leave earlier. While this isn't a major issue, it would be easier on the wife and kid not to have to be on the road before the sun comes up. (Which will make it easier on me!!)

Any input would be great.
Thanks

Ocean Pro Scuba is open till 1900, and I think Economy Tackle/Dolphin Dive Center is open to 1900 also.

Ocean Pro is on Bee Ridge, Dolphin Dive Center is on Tamiami.

Kim - 1800 = 6:00PM. That is refered to as "military time" or 24 hr time. After noon you just add 1200 (example: 1:00pm- 1200+100 = 1300). It is more precise and there is no confusion unlike am/pm where if you don't add am/pm you've got a 50/50 shot.

It also eliminates the problem with noon and midnight, neither of which are AM or PM.

Grumby, I can rent you some tanks while I am at the shop. I am going to arrive at 8 a.m. on Saturday, does that work for you?

MmmmScuba, we did something a little different this time and created a "menu". would it be okay for you and your wife to bring some fruit? If so then I shall put you down for that. :)

Reminder: Bring yourself a chair (watch missd forget hers :wink:)

I'm leaving Broward about 6 a.m. and while I'm not sure when I'll arrive, I'm thinking between 9 and 10...I hope someone will dive with me and show me the ropes!!!

DebbyDiver:
I'm leaving Broward about 6 a.m. and while I'm not sure when I'll arrive, I'm thinking between 9 and 10...I hope someone will dive with me and show me the ropes!!!

10am? dang fire chicka, the days half over at that point..hmmm... well, I maybe coming back from my first wrinkling out there about that time...

Are you saying that nobody will dive with me? Maybe I shouldn't bother coming over. It's a 7 hour round trip and I hate to waste my time.

I"ll dive with ya debbY, I was planning to arrive around 10 anyway.

REMINDER TO Y'ALL

Please PM me with your ScreenName and your preferred name so I can make up your DORK:dork2: BADGE for Saturday...

I'll be arriving as early as I can after I get two teenage girls awake and on the road:shakehead:...hopefully not too long after 8:00 AM (plan is to leave home around 6:00-6:30 and it should take 1-1/2 to 2 hours)....See Ya there....

Steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom