Venice Gathering w/ Indy Scott, September 1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There's been a desertion aboard the Wake!:11: One replacement crew needed for Sunday, 2nd. Interviews to be held at Venice Beach on the 1st. See frogman_5.:D

Things have changed and I am going to be able to go:D It's me and my 2 boys not me and 3 guests. I will bring a quart of potato salad, quart of baked beans and a case of soda. So Friday evening when I start see the Venice signs someone is going to get a call to guide me in:D because I get lost :confused: really easy.

The three of us are so excited :D :D

I need to pick the collective brain of the Sarasota/Venice locals for a second here.

I am coming down Friday and will be staying in a hotel about 2 miles from the Alhambra site. I plan on renting tanks from there, as opposed to paying for them to sit in my car over the rest of the weekend (spending two more days in Tampa). According to the almighty internet, it looks as though Florida West is the closest shop to both the hotel and Alhambra. I called them and they close at 1800 hrs on weekdays, and reopen at 0900 Saturday morning. I would like to be at the beach and set up by 0800. That means I need to get tanks Friday night.

Does anyone know of a scuba shop that stays open later than 1800 hrs on a Friday night in Sarasota? If there isn't one close by, then I will have to alter my travel plans and leave earlier. While this isn't a major issue, it would be easier on the wife and kid not to have to be on the road before the sun comes up. (Which will make it easier on me!!)

Any input would be great.
Thanks

Capt Grumby:
I need to pick the collective brain of the Sarasota/Venice locals for a second here.

I am coming down Friday and will be staying in a hotel about 2 miles from the Alhambra site. I plan on renting tanks from there, as opposed to paying for them to sit in my car over the rest of the weekend (spending two more days in Tampa). According to the almighty internet, it looks as though Florida West is the closest shop to both the hotel and Alhambra. I called them and they close at 1800 hrs on weekdays, and reopen at 0900 Saturday morning. I would like to be at the beach and set up by 0800. That means I need to get tanks Friday night.

Does anyone know of a scuba shop that stays open later than 1800 hrs on a Friday night in Sarasota? If there isn't one close by, then I will have to alter my travel plans and leave earlier. While this isn't a major issue, it would be easier on the wife and kid not to have to be on the road before the sun comes up. (Which will make it easier on me!!)

Any input would be great.
Thanks
both shops in Venice close at 6 not sure about one i sarasota

My wife and I will be attending. We've been diving there for a few months but haven't meet anyone yet. I'll try to bring some kind of treat unless there is something specific that's needed.

I'm going to bring some things that I've found that I need help identifying. I've found some teeth that are obviously mammal, but beyond that I don't have a clue. I found one that looks disturbingly human.

If you've found anything rare or interesting I'd love to see it.

We are excited as well Becky .... I can't wait :wink:

Capt Grumby ...1800 what ?

Mmm Scube ... Welcome to Scubaboard :)
bring it along for show and tell ... these guys love to bring out their prized. Whale bone :) guessing ... shall we start a poll lol

Hi All! Me and a friend will be coming out to meet everyone and maybe find a few teeth. Where on Venice beach are you all going to be? I don't know that beach very well so good instructions would be helpful. Whats a good time to show up?

Thanks,
Jason

New folks - we'll be meeting at the "Alhambra Road" site - Look under the sticky Insider Information in the main Conch forum - post 2 has DIRECTIONS for both driving and diving the area :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom