Venice Beach Dive Party!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did take quite a spill..... and had it not been for your keen eyes and cat like reflexes my fins would have been added to the lost equiptment list. Thanks again.

I'm up for a Spring Dive or Boat, the Catamaran sounds neat.

I'll be where ever you all decided, just let me know who to send the money to and how much......

Wildbill:cop:

who to send the money to and how much......
Um, You can send me as much money as you want! :wacko:

I wasn't too impressed when I dove Devil's den. It's small, vis was down (maybe just that day). and other than the catfish, not much to see.

The entrance is impressive though.

The only other spring I've been in is Ginnie. Maybe I was spoiled by it's visibility. :)

Hi everyone...We had a great time and enjoyed dinner with those who ate at sharkys...We enjoyed the company and all the stories..My son was proud to know that we deffinately discovered someone's weight belt from our bunch and that it was being returned to it's owner..
Thanks for the fin bag Wendy!!
If there is interest in medical1's destination for like November or December I will see what I can do about getting us some group rates on both accomidations and the dive it's self (though I don't really want to be the one to completely plan I don't mind assisting, and I suggest we all pay upon arrival as the ammount of people that show up may not be the same as those who say they will be there which may change the cost....I'm not positive but I beleive they do have a limit on how many divers down at once. I will check it out when I return from our trip/cruise)...Maybe we can encourage a bigger turn out since we all had such a great time, at least that is what I gathered from trying to catch up...
Walter, you my friend R A blast...We not only learned a few things from you but we had a blast with a few of your umm..well some of your descriptions....Thanks for the entertainment and all the handy tips...Oh yeah and the buddy line which I used quite well to tell medical1 that I was ready to go back to shore..which we did..
At shore I think Wendy and I had the best company!! CHRIS AND COLLIN your boy was a delight!! Though I think mom was a little jealous and missed her little man..during the time he spent with us..(Wendy, I will post the pics as soon as I use the rest of the film. Which, I am sure we will use next week!!)
Wish we could have made that Sunday dive I was hoping to score like Walter!!and maybe even find a mask or 2!! Hmm :scratch: I wonder if Walter coould have cheated and planted that meg the day before??!!! hehehe
:deadfish: Maybe next time there will be no signs of red tide and less of an angry surf...
Have fun all!!!

Walter once bubbled...
I found that meg in '98. I showed it to you before I got in the water.

HEHE...I never got to see it...sorry I misunderstood what you had said to the kids...But I was joking... :)

Debbraey - Xavier is still babbling about his beach time flirting with ya'll! Kris and I can't wait for better surf and lower red tide levels.. hmmm.. its another beautiful day out, maybe I can skate out early and take dive :wink: Boss?

I'm going diving up there tomorrow. I will let you guys if I find any equipment.(haha) For a small finders fee. Just kidding.

I just hope the VIS. and red tide is better tomorrow. I'll let you know if I find anything. We are planning to get there around 9am, So I will be getting another 4 hours of sleep.

Greetings all. It's been quite a few years since I have been down to Venice to do a bit of diving. I have always had amazing luck right off the venice peir and Sharkys.

Anyway, my question is, I heard that in the mid 90s there was a bit of dredging in that area and that the fossil beds right off the beach were completely covered. I also heard that the limestone reef a few hundred yards off shore was left untouched.

I gather from reading your posts that you are all more than familiar with this area and would be able to give me the true skinny. Thanks. Would love to get back down there.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom