Venice Beach Dive Party!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CBulla once bubbled...
Kris hun, that was Foul!.

didn't you mean fowl??
Oh gosh, its hit me now!

I hope I don't get goosed for starting the "Duck-a-thon" pun fest. Let's just say that it's o-pun season on ducks. What did the duck say when asked how he was going to pay for the chapstick???

Just put it on my bill!

What do you call two ducks walking side by side???

A pair-a-ducks!

How do you fix a broken duck???

With duck tape, of course.

What do you call a duck's birth certificate???

A duck-u-mint.

How about the duck who leads the orchestra???

That's right... the con-duck-tor!

When we lose a duck we call it...

a re-duck-tion

And the film about the Scuba ducks is called...

A duck-umentary.

They go to school...

for an e-duck-ation!

I know, I know... its getting kind of re-duck-uless.

Must we egg the puns on :wink: Of course though, this could be part of the in-duck-ion ceremony into the duck divers. I'm sort of winging it here, and I could be wrong, but I think its an idea worth hatching.

Curiosity, what is the settled on meet time?

scuba_jenny once bubbled...
Hi Ya'll,
I haven't heard much bout the party for a few days and decided to post to put it at the top again. I am looking at the best western on venice beach to stay at Friday night and maybe Saturday night.
Should we try to reserve a block of rooms and maybe get a discount?
Does anybody know of a dive shop in the area that we can get air fills and or rent tanks? What is the costs involved in renting? In air fills?
Does somebody have truck that can make a run?
How about food? Is everybody bringing their own or should we delegate who brings what and how much? Or maybe the cost per person for food.
I guess most of these questions go toward Wendy because she is organizing it, so Wendy if you want to PM me, or need some help let me know.
What is the head count so far? anybody else besides Mike, Marvel, me and my daughter and possibly some non divng friends driving over from Ft. Lauderdale area?

I was reading back over the thread from earlier and had made mental note on this post. www.scubaquestusa.com, they are located all over south FL and you can find one near almost any good dive sites, at least in the same towns. Also open 7 days a week.

I'll have my flag as well and bringing 3 tanks.. that should hold up for a few dives eh?

I posted this a couple of pages back, but so it doesn't get lost in all the puns.........

Head to Venice on I 75. Take exit 193 and head SW (coming from the south that’s a left turn) on Jacaranda. Turn right on Venice Ave. Stay on Venice Ave until after you’ve crossed the bridge to the downtown area. Turn left at the second light after the bridge (Harbor). Turn right at the 5th street (Alhambra). Park on the street as close to the dead end as possible. Be careful not to block the driveway to the condo.

Let's meet early (7:30 - 8:00), so we will have fewer problems with parking.

I know we have close to 50 folks, how many cars?

NetDoc,

I think you sent an empty file. When I downloaded it there was nothing there.

Doesn't matter to me, I grew up in Venice but other boarders may need it.

Wildbill:D

Spoke with my LDS today and was told that for best dive at Venice is to catch an incoming tide. Here is a tide chart that my local paper posts online. It would appear that if the weather holds out we should have a perfect tide.

D080903.jpg

See Ya' There,

Wildbill:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom