Venice Beach Bash - July 9, 2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yikes! That was off Venice Beach???

Yilkes! I would have had to buy a new wetsuit after an encounter liek that :D

BTW I'm down for Aug 6 put me on the boat that CoolTek and KBeck are on :) if space permits.

Oh yeah, a later boat will work for me. That 8 AM seems a bit too early for me.. as much as I prefer the earlier boat, coming from Ft. Myers, it's a tough haul..

Actually, I'm pretty glad it was rescheduled. I didn't see until today, and I was bummed I missed all of you. Unfortunately work called.

Looking forward to the 6th now.

I'm whipping out a few extra tag lines, just in case :wink:

Well we didn't find any teeth today...... Kinda..... We surfaced about 150 yards from da boat and wouldn't ta know it, 30 yards away eyye level is a staring contest between my dive buddy and I with an 8 ft gator! Nice intense moment as we studied the width of his eyes! Lol I'm glad it wasn't a 10 footer torpedoing at usthat would be a story for the ages boat looked like 3 inches long we were so far away! Lol it's not all about Finding a 6 inch meg! Later gater

lol Nothing like a gator to get the blood flowing. It's not so bad when you can see them, but when you're diving in baited water, and that 14'er you've been watching slips below the waterline, it gets really intense.

14 footers should be shot by the first person with a rifle! Anything over 10 foot is a threat while your in the water. Just a few things to avoid or be smart about. Dont dive with anything 10 ft or bigger, dont get in an eddy or slack water, stay away from cover or feeding areas, like eddys, and always check on local knowledge of rivers or lakes before you drop over quietly.

Normally we use a weighted rope on the bottom and on return we find the rope which is usually across the river and follow it back to the boat UNDERWATER not bait on the top. That is probably one of the best ideas Ive seen used and I stole it... problem with this dive is we went on an underwater excursion and ended up way the heck away from the boat.... we found some awesome sunken logs axe cut and dead falls, not many fossils but it was a weekend spent with a good friend and water!

Just remember if he gets ya by the leg..... ROLL WITH HIM!!!

With lobster season opening on the 6th, will the boats be available? Or are they already booked up?

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom