Venice Beach Bash - July 9, 2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So sorry to hear. If you make it out, can you give us a report? Thanks.

this is a big problem for us. our friends are already there and our rooms are paid for-no cancelation
allowed!,,
There are still things to do that do not include diving. The local shops in Venice are a great way to spend the day. If that isn't enough, head up to Sarasota and walk the shops at St. Armands, you will be glad you did!

this is a big problem for us. our friends are already there and our rooms are paid for-no cancelation
allowed!,,

Venice is a great little city. Enjoy the time exploring anyway. It's hard to plan on mother nature sometimes.
You could contact Fossil Babe. She might be able to set up a land fossil excursion. It's worth a try. :)

Craptastic weather...more of a blowout than a bash. Netdoc & I bowed out after hitting the toad with an suv of gear. Instead driving up to Jax to see my Mom for a couple days.

Maybe next time.

PLEASE NOTE Aug 6TH is the first day of lobster season.

MontanaFL,

Thanks for making a tough decision, August 6th sounds good to us. Divedivadm and I have a LOT of macaroni and cheese to eat or FREEZE!!:wink:

Please put jimw and divedivadm on a boat for August 6th.

Thanks so much for organizing this!:cool2:

Hi all, this is KBECK!

It definitely stinks to cancel the dives for tomorrow, but Cooltech and I drove through a minor tropical storm yesterday (we were returning to the state from NC)....it was not pretty. Here in St. Pete, the lakes are flooded over the roads, there are news crews out, etc.

Even if Venice weather turned acceptable tomorrow, I'd definitely venture to guess that the sea conditions just would make for a miserable day. And, if the winds stay as is, we'd all have had one heck of an unplanned sand-facial as well!!

We're sorry to miss everyone; but, on a good note, we all needed the rain, and we Conch Divers ALWAYS know how to put together a party on the spur of the moment! And, storms like this churn up some good new tooth hunting!!

See everyone soon; Jim and I are headed back to Palm Beach first thing tomorrow AM.

KBECK

Well that sucks, but that's the way it goes sometimes. If the new schedule is for August 6th then I won't be able ot make it. Will be on the road coming back from New York that day.

I'll catch up wiht you guys at another get together.

Well that sucks, but that's the way it goes sometimes. If the new schedule is for August 6th then I won't be able ot make it. Will be on the road coming back from New York that day.

I'll catch up wiht you guys at another get together.
This is NOT KBeck...

klinc, leave a day earlier and meet us there... Dealing with us is much better than dealing with family for another day! :wink:

We dove today diving tomorrow 3 tanks....... But not in Venicemaybe next time!

Well we didn't find any teeth today...... Kinda..... We surfaced about 150 yards from da boat and wouldn't ta know it, 30 yards away eyye level is a staring contest between my dive buddy and I with an 8 ft gator! Nice intense moment as we studied the width of his eyes! Lol I'm glad it wasn't a 10 footer torpedoing at usthat would be a story for the ages boat looked like 3 inches long we were so far away! Lol it's not all about Finding a 6 inch meg! Later gater

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom