Venice Beach, Alhambra September 18

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bugger a report, I'm diving anyway. I need/want/strongly desire to break in my plate and wing and see the difference in diving with that and the vest/jacket I had been. The clay should be exposed now, and after being at the beach for a while tonight to watch the waters, I think it should be a BEAUTIFUL day tomorrow!!!

Nova and I are headed up to meet Reefguy & Soda at about 9am - Chuck.. blow some caution smoke rings to the wind and come down and join us! Any of the rest of ya'll coming out?

My wife, a friend, and myself will be there about 9am.

Gonna be a good time.

Dang!!!!! I'd love to hook up with ya'll tomorrow too, but I'm thinking getting Darrel to wake up at 430am to be there by 9am just isn't gonna happen (he's still working right now) Maybe later in the week? Nevertheless, ya'll have a good time. :D

Good thing you didnt drive over, the temp was fabulous, the waters calm with 1-1.5' wide spaced swells and a great offshore breeze. Visibility left something to be desired though - I was standing on the bottom and couldnt see my guages. I bent over to get into "fossil hover" and found the nose peice of my mask was almost touching the bottom before there was any visibility.... I saw SAND very close up! :)

Stats: Air 85 degrees, bottom 84 degrees, viz 3" - beautiful day, just not worth trying to dive.

Your just trying to make me feel better about not diving this weekend.
I am going to get wet today though.....gotta wash the cars.:frown:

Its sad but true. We went diving at the end of Venice ave, and I couldnt see my hand in front of my face. Weather was perfect as well as the surf but just no luck on visibility.

At least we got wet.

Soda:
Its sad but true. We went diving at the end of Venice ave, and I couldnt see my hand in front of my face. Weather was perfect as well as the surf but just no luck on visibility.

At least we got wet.

Ahhhhhhhh.. sooo you were the other dive flags out on the water.... :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom