Value of vintage ScubaPro and USD stuff

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stu, I will not remember that, you have no idea how busy I am selling stuff. If you are interested in it, just let me know what your best offer is.

Why yes, it is, as a matter of fact.

PM sent.

Keep the regulator, have it serviced and dive it. Scubapro still makes parts for ever regulator they ever made so any Scubapro shop can return this to like new condition. Scubapro uses the same parts in newer regulators giving them new part numbers. In the case of the R109 the G250 overhaul kits work in the R109. If you do your own service these are much easier to work on than newer regulators as there are no special tools needed to take them apart.

Rich, I see that you did not do a readback. I have absolutely *no* and I mean *no* interest in keeping the regulator and, in fact, it has been sold. :thumb:

The Stab jacket and fins are still available. Any interest?

The regulator is still a good one. You've got a Mk5 with the multiple LP ports and an R109. That's not too much different than a modern Mk25/G250V. You've got a good depth gauge and SPG there too.

Old BC's are pretty much dime a dozen, but I like those old plastic backpacks. Just take the BC off of it, rig up a harness DIR style and dive it. I filled one of mine with lead shot and with an LP72 and a 7mm suit it leaves me well weighted for diving between 15 and 50 feet without a BC.

The fins are probably worth something, but not a whole lot. Rocket fins don't seem to have the same value as Jets.

You effectively turned your rig into an old Seapro At Pac with the lead shot. Used to dive with one for years and loved it. Just getting back into diving and am going to go with a BP/W with a SS back-plate just to try getting the buoyancy trim I had with the At Pac.

Keep the regulator, have it serviced and dive it. Scubapro still makes parts for ever regulator they ever made so any Scubapro shop can return this to like new condition. Scubapro uses the same parts in newer regulators giving them new part numbers. In the case of the R109 the G250 overhaul kits work in the R109. If you do your own service these are much easier to work on than newer regulators as there are no special tools needed to take them apart.

Gotta disagree with you Rich, most kits yes but not all parts. I called them a couple of months ago about replacing a piston, they gave me a couple of tips on things to try before declaring it dead since they don't have anymore pistons. Since I do work for a ScubaPro shop I just assume they were giving me the straight dope.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom