Value of vintage ScubaPro and USD stuff

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That Scubapro MK V regulator is probably a better regulator than what you are using now. Have it serviced and kep it.
I'm diving an Atomic Aquatics Titanium reg, and I'm real happy with it.

I'm tempted to buy it just for grins & giggles, but I don't really need one. Would have to replace hoses & get it serviced. But it would make a great spare reg...

What are you using for a backup set? There is no better insurance against a regulator failure interrupting your diving than good backup set. That Mk5/109 would be perfect.

Thanks for the suggestion, I do have some backups, and I could use some extra cash...and don't want to pay to have this one overhauled.

So who wants to make a reasonable offer?

I'm afraid I can't make a reasonable offer. I'm saving my money to swap my existing regs to DIN.

Thanks for the suggestion, I do have some backups, and I could use some extra cash...and don't want to pay to have this one overhauled.

So who wants to make a reasonable offer?

If you really want some extra cash, you should sell the Atomic Aquatics Titanium and keep the MK-5/109. Then you will end up with a regulator that is actually made out of metal rather than mostly plastic. :rolleyes:

The Atomic is really just a descendant/ copy of the Scubapro MK-5/109.

I know this is not what you wanted to hear… :D

Good luck selling the MK-5/109, but don’t expect much money. They have a large following (it is the most desirable old single hose regulator you will ever find), but they are readily available at a reasonable price.

My wife’s regulators use 109 second stages and I use 109 second stages when ever I need a single hose regulator (stage bottles etc.). I have a number of 109 (and MK-5) in good to great condition. IMHO, a 109 can be tuned to perform as good as or better than anything ever built (with the exception maybe the Pilot or similar).

Is that BC the original Stab Jacket people talk about?
Anybody

Yes, that is the original Stab Jacket. Before that the only thing readily available was the horse collar. That one looks like a later model (looking at the pockets and assuming it was bought with the MK-5). Some people still prefer that BC to any of the later jackets (or any other type of BC).

I actually have one of them (maybe two), but I think that I only tried one once.

Thanks for the tips, Luis. I'm not looking to make lots of money, just to get whatever it's worth. I'm getting ready for a big move and I'm selling most of my belongings; these items are the only dive-related things I'm selling, though.

If I were going to be stranded on an island for several years with unlimited tanks and offered either the atomic titanium or the MK5/109 pictured, I'd easily go with the MK5. Especially if some of those tanks were filled with nitrox.

But, to each his (or her!) own.

OK kids, I "get it" but I can't afford a rebuild on the MK5, I need the cash, and I do have working backup regulators. Will list it on eBay soon unless someone wants to make an offer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom