Value of vintage ScubaPro and USD stuff

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Debby, we get that you don't want to keep it :D but you have to forgive us old guys lovin the good stuff.

As far as pricing goes what has been said here on the board mirrors my personal experience as well. Though they are great regs I wouldn't pay more than $25 for the Mk5/109 simply because you can find them in secondhand shops quite easily. I bought mine for $5. A freind has a bin of old regs and will sell me 108's or 109's for $25 a pop.

Same with the Stab jacket. I bought a campac (similar) for $10 and currently know of 3 more, on old 72's at that, for $20 each. Very few people really want to trust an old BC of unknown origin so the only value the BC has would be if it were one of the first stabs made, and even then they are not hot collectables.

Unfortunately, the rockets are not a desired item by most collectors. Unlike the Jet fin, which is a supurb performer, the rocket did not do as well as a fin and it's rare to hear someone say something good about them.

The problem is that out of 100 divers only 1 or 2 want older stuff, and usually those 1 or 2 are fairly confident in buying bargain sale items and we generally know the relative value of them. We also know that anything we buy we will probably have to service so the price paid is pretty low. The items you have come from the tail end of the vintage era (if that) and as such, fall outside the era of really collectable stuff.

You never know though, someone on E bay might just be looking for one of those things and bid a good price.

I'd probably pay as much as $30 for the Mk5. I bought one with a bunch of oddball gear thrown in about 6 months ago for $22, but the one you've got is more desirable since it's got more LP ports.

I personally wouldn't pay more than that though, because I'd still need to overhaul it.

My guess is that you could easily get that much on ebay for it.

Hi Debby;

I will pay $50 for the reg setup (1st, 2nd stages + gauge) and stab jacket as well as pay the shipping.

Let me check with significant other and get back to you. Thanks!

Sig. other says sell sell sell, apparently he has some of these in his dive locker and doesn't need any more. Best offer by midnight gets it...so far, it's Squeesed.

Well, Squeessed backed out because the shipping to Canada was as much as the gear (and I don't blame him). Anyone in the lower 48 interested before the stuff gets listed on eBay?

I suggest you split it up when listing on ebay. List the BCD, reg 1st stage, reg 2nd stage with hose, the octo with hose, the gauge console with hose, and the fins. You will get much more doing this than lumping it all together.

Thanks, good idea. Squeesed wanted the whole thing but many may not. I'll cross reference them to each other and people can save on shipping if they want the whole thing.

A friend was cleaning out her garage and gifted me with her vintage dive gear. Is this stuff worth selling? Back when she was still diving with me in the very early 80's, she used this gear but she stopped diving probably 20 years ago and the stuff hasn't been used since.

There is one of those old orange ScubaPro BCs, a regulator with octopus and pressure/depth gauges, and a pair of Rocket fins, size small.

I'm not sure where to research to see if this stuff has any value, so appreciate some input. My own LDS doesn't handle vintage and isn't a ScubaPro dealer, so I'm not asking them.

Photos attached. Thanks in advance!
Donate it all to Dive Heart and take the tax credit

This stuff is still available...any takers before I put it on eBay?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom