Value of the DIR approach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jim, thank you for your lovely post.

At the end of the day, what really matters is that we can all have dives like the one I did tonight. Smooth, relaxed, stress-free, safe and fun. But unlike the dive I did tonight, preferably sans seals.

And Julie, I agree with you. There's something about a man in black trilaminate . . . :)

I hope I don't repeat what has already been said. I read through page 28 and just couldn't keep going, so I skipped to the last two pages.

I am not, nor will I ever be DIR. Do I see some good things that can be taken from it for use by myself as a rec diver? Absolutely! Some of the things they do, some of the gear they have, some of the ideas, not all by any means.

The only training, no, more of an info type of video I have seen from them, was the worst piece of junk I've ever seen. It was about 5 years ago that I saw it. It had two idiots in someone's garage acting like they were the only two on earth that knew anything about diving. I laughed, shook my head at their ignorance, and decided right then that I would never have anything to do with them. This video came off of the GUE website. I have no idea of the title, but boy what a fine piece it was!

To be completely closed minded to anything that can help improve one's diving, no matter where it comes from, is in my mind foolish. To follow people like I saw on the video, is in my mind being an idiot.

Later, Rob.

I think DIR is the way to go. Most if not all of their suggestions make sense for all divers. I wish I could take the fundies class but alas I am a smoker. :(

Like a pack of wolves who have had a fight over the DIR bone and are now licking their wounds and rolling over to feign submissivness for the good of the pack, order has been restored as they all lick and kiss one another. Here we find suddenly concensus where none really exists so as to keep the scubaDIRboard.com pack in order. Meanwhile, up on the far hill, the Lone Wolf, a hunter, eyes the gaity below with squinted green eyes before turning and dissappearing down a snowy lane, a fresh trail ahead, there will be blood in the snow this night, the hunter moves with straight speed and gathering determination toward an unknown destiny. There are no tracks where he goes. N

Al least your posts aren't boring, Nemrod.

Nemrod:
Like a pack of wolves who have had a fight over the DIR bone and are now licking their wounds and rolling over to feign submissivness for the good of the pack, order has been restored as they all lick and kiss one another. Here we find suddenly concensus where none really exists so as to keep the scubaDIRboard.com pack in order. Meanwhile, up on the far hill, the Lone Wolf, a hunter, eyes the gaity below with squinted green eyes before turning and dissappearing down a snowy lane, a fresh trail ahead, there will be blood in the snow this night, the hunter moves with straight speed and gathering determination toward an unknown destiny. There are no tracks where he goes. N

he he. You are funny.

Hey, pack behavior IS part of the team thing, to deny that consensus building part is unrealistic.

The whole alpha thing and all...part of the reason I dive is to watch the humanoids.

SOMETIMES I am safer in the pack, but not always.

Nemrod:

Well, for your comments that DIR divers think they are elite, you certainly seem to have no problem thinking highly of yourself.

Back
Top Bottom