Votes: 2 16.7%
  • January 16th

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Both are equal

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, since you'll be in town.... :D

lol

Who's planning to actually sleep in the silo? I have a truck tent (utilizes the bed) I have been using but camping out in an old nuclear missile silo would make for a great story.. I could probably bring a generator as well for power & heat down there if it is allowed and wanted.

Awesome. I'm down for silo sleeping - be a cool story for sure.

Just looked at the weather history for this area this time of year..
43 Degrees.. The water inside will feel warm..

I've read there is power in the silo (lighting). Does anyone know if there are 120v power outlets available inside?

Who's planning to actually sleep in the silo? I have a truck tent (utilizes the bed) I have been using but camping out in an old nuclear missile silo would make for a great story.. I could probably bring a generator as well for power & heat down there if it is allowed and wanted.

No need for the generator or heat in the silo.
It is the same temp all year and the owner supplies power for lighting.
Porta potty inside on what looks like a wooden deck porch.
A cot and a sleeping bag would be a good idea.

Heat is always good if you do repetitive dives without a drysuit.. :wink: But I can suck it up if needed. I've actually got a few electronics devices that it would be nice to have power for if possible. Have you ever seen an outlet inside?

So, that's 10 in all, that would make it 50 bucks apiece to open the site, not to mention the driving, food, air, etc. Because i'm putting this together, i'd probably charge you guys an extra 7 or 8 bucks on the silo fee.

psiborg,

You're a Dive Master Right? If so, I don't mind paying you $7-$8 for hauling my doubles and tanks down to the water and back.. Heck, I'll even give you $10. :rofl3:

David

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom