uwatec galileo luna

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sacredflash

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all,

I apologize if this is in the wrong sub-forum,

just purchased a uwatec galileo luna and did a test pool dive, absolutely love it.

Read the instruction manual and the manual says it turns off after 3 mins of inactivity - I don't recall reading about an option to disable that.

I'm going on a dive trip in September and plan on doing multiple dives per day - is there any way to keep the computer on so I'm not forced to take a 12 hour interval because the computer turned itself off or do I have to play it every 2 minutes or so to keep it on?

Thanks in advance.

I would be surprised if as long as it's the same day it did not keep track of your loading. Even if it did turn off. Keeping it on for all that time is going to kill most batteries. Did your dealer not fully explain the computer to you? Or give you the coupon to take the class from Dive Nav for it. I know there is one.

I have a galileo sol, it turns off and u can turn it back on and wont have to do no 12hr intervals, it turns off to save battery life

I would be surprised if as long as it's the same day it did not keep track of your loading. Even if it did turn off. Keeping it on for all that time is going to kill most batteries. Did your dealer not fully explain the computer to you? Or give you the coupon to take the class from Dive Nav for it. I know there is one.

The dealer did explain to me A LOT of the functions(I'm becoming a regular with this Dealer) and one of the regular customers had a real big discussion with me about it because he's got the one that also tracks his heart rate and he swears by it(this guy is also going on the dive trip).

I also did not know there was a class for it, will definitely do more research on that.

Thanks for the comments!

It's normal that a computer turns it self off. They all do that to save battery. But they are water activated. If you jump in to the water it turns back on. Who said, or what gave you the idea, that you'd have to wait for 12 hours after it went to sleep? That would render it rather useless, wouldn't it?
The heart rate monitor is btw a totally unnessecary gadget.
The computer is very good and reliable. I have the same one now for 18 months, 110 dives and still am satisfied whit it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom