UW Sign Language class

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TwoBitTxn

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
A local independent instructor is gathering people for a UW sign language class. The class will teach basic ASL, finger spelling, the alphabet, etc... as it applies to scuba diving.

I have seen this instructor pair communicate amazingly well underwater using sign.

The class is set for Wednesday January 29th. If you are interested or for more info PM me.

This class is a recognized specialty by PADI and SDI.

TwoBit

We live in Houston, so can not attend. However, I did want to add my endorsement to this idea.

My daughter is majoring in Speech Pathology at Lamar. Part of her curriculum is ASL. She and I find it very useful underwater.

Where are they giving the class - as in city. Oh and what time; how long/late will it last; what's a PM; how much does it cost; is there something else I should be asking but can't think of right now - just kidding.

I'd love to take this class. I pick up a little more ASL each time I see Walter and he shares a little more with me.

The class is from 7p to 10p

Its at Sachse Christian Church. That wold be in Sachse.

The cost is $40.

The class can be offered again. If you are interested in taking a class then post an interest and once we get a few people together I'm sure JoLynn will do another one.

TwoBit

The location has changed to Emerald Sea divers in Richardson.

The church is doing some remodeling work.

TwoBit

to the SEA Signs Course.

I would be interested to know.

Thanks!

Hallmac

I have no idea.

The lady who teaches the course up here developed it. She submitted the course to various agencies to see if they would recognize it as a specialty.

Thats all I know.

TwoBit

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom