Using trimix computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you really have less than 24 dives would strongly suggest not worrying about a trimix computer just yet.
Just dive what you have for now. Do a trimix class after a couple hundred more dives. (Will probably be using tables for that) Then, when you know what you want start looking into trimix computers if you decide you need one.

If I only dived square profiles (wrecks or walls) personally I would not have bought a trimix computer. But as I often do multi level dives (caves ) I find the computer very helpful.

I went with the Shearwater Preadator which I'm extremely happy with.

(By the way,have never done a trimix dive where anyone had a transmitter!)

The D9 seems to be no longer in the Aqua Lung/Suunto product line in the US so why bother buying it instead of the D9tx especially if the latter is less expensive?? Even if he doesn't use the Trimix feature, the compass in the D9tx is better and easier to use in the D9.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom