Using "locktite" to 'secure' a DIN 1st-stage kit ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Greg Barlow:
Jimmer mentioned that Oceanic also recommended the use of Loc-Tite. I have several of their service manuals from around five years ago, and they do make that statement.

In the days before Nitrox was an issue and torque wrenches in a dive service department were rare, Oceanic specified Loc-Tite on both Yoke and DIN retainers. We now specify a torque value and no Loc-Tite.

Doug Krause:
In the days before Nitrox was an issue and torque wrenches in a dive service department were rare, Oceanic specified Loc-Tite on both Yoke and DIN retainers. We now specify a torque value and no Loc-Tite.

I appreciate the heads-up on your change in policy. While I have used a torque wrench for many years, I question how many shops use one on a regular basis. I don't torque the hose fittings, but on the other first stage connectors I use the recommend torque.

Greg Barlow

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom