Using G2 to time ascents and stops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dray_gnv

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I would like to use my G2 to manage my ascents for a non-deco dive beyond a simple 3-minute safety stop. I realize there is a stopwatch in Guage Mode, but I'd like to time things in Scuba Mode, displaying a simple screen. The Classic and Detailed screens allow access to a stopwatch a couple levels down, by going through More. But is there an easier way to see a countdown or countup from the Simple screen?

For instance, from 60 feet, I'd like to time ascent to 30 feet, 20 feet, 10 feet, and to surface.

I think the stopwatch is accessible in scuba mode as well — in classic, graphical and also in compass view; I personally don’t use it (maybe just once in compass view) so don’t remember exactly

Check p50-52 in the user manual there is a table there on how to reach which feature with what button combo

Back
Top Bottom