Using A Long Hose Isn't Just For Tech Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stephen Ash:
You obviously have never been in a "debate" with Nova. Continuing down this path will only bring out the worst in yourself.

I'm surprised at how many of you folks choose to walk this walk.
good evening stephen, hope all is well

novadiver:
and because ? Man I'm glad I got the training, it sounds like some folks just give up after a little problem, boo hoo I'm gonna die boo hoo
come on man, you had just said that if one was to watch his buddies spg, he would never need a long hose. That implied that there would be no OOA if you watched your buddies air. I merely pointed out that there are a few things that could happen that watching your buddies spg would solve.
Here's an offer, where I work at I can get you adult literacy class free of charge. Then you might be able to actually comprehend some of what you read.

Jason

novadiver:
this was mistake number one, do you want to go for number TWO
is that a threat?

Jason

Jason B:
So are you suggesting we just bow down let him keep spewing this crude or are you suggesting we just let Darwin have his way? :wink:

Jason

I'm just saying that I learned quickly that Nova is...well...special. Appreciate him for who he is and let it go at that. Trying to debate Nova is a bit like to trying to reason with a drunk.

Yah... let him have his say. You don't need to prove that he's wrong...

For some reason the mods have decided to tolerate his behavior...even his profanity disquised with @#! symbols...

So...don't fight the waves...roll with 'em!

Jason B:
come on man, you had just said that if one was to watch his buddies spg, he would never need a long hose. That implied that there would be no OOA if you watched your buddies air. I merely pointed out that there are a few things that could happen that watching your buddies spg would solve.
Here's an offer, where I work at I can get you adult literacy class free of charge. Then you might be able to actually comprehend some of what you read.

Jason
and you imply that because a diver doesn't have a long hose they can't donate gas, most ooa comes from divers breathing all their gas, not equipment failure. and this can be avoided by looking at their spg, but you wouldn't or couldn't know that. could you? that's why their called "poser with a hoser"

that's number two.

Jason B:
come on man, you had just said that if one was to watch his buddies spg, he would never need a long hose. That implied that there would be no OOA if you watched your buddies air.
That would probably cover 99.9% of all OOA...A pound of prevention is worth 10 lbs of cure (or something like that) and in a non-overhead a "short" hose isn't going to kill anyone. But I am all for consistency in gear and I think that using a long hose is a pretty simple matter....and yes, sometimes the extra hose could be useful...but this whole thing is much ado about nothing

But it has been fun :D

Jason B:
Let's hope a burst disk or tank neck o-ring doesn't fail....

Jason

Yup, there are factors out of diver'c control that can lead to an OOA situation on any dive.

Of course, no one is saying don't monitor gas, the point being made is that it's easier to share gas with a long hose.

Jason B:
is that a threat?

Jason
nope,but it is on. your the one that said they were going to keep coming untill I did the MANLY THING, well keep trying to push me off. stephen gave you very good advice. don't lay into me with weak arguements. I'm a pro at ticking people off. or haven't you noticed.

novadiver:
nope,but it is on. your the one that said they were going to keep coming untill I did the MANLY THING, well keep trying to push me off. stephen gave you very good advice. don't lay into me with weak arguements. I'm a pro at ticking people off. or haven't you noticed.
It has been duely noted....

So what do you do as a career Nova - politician? Sidestepping issues and questions, laying in with rhetoric, preying on a few wrong words of a less experienced diver whilst continuing to spew all sorts of stuff that gets called on, pissing people off left and right as an occupation? Next you'll be asking us to pay you for this entertainment and the opportunity to redicule you - I believe they have an opening at Ringling Bros. circus :dazzler1:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom