Using A Long Hose Isn't Just For Tech Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

novadiver:
they deal with it, and this is were skills comes in handy
come on man....you spend 200 posts talking about how stressful using a 7 foot hose is to an OW diver then throw that comment out. You really amaze me.

Jason

jonnythan:
I don't think that at any point on this forum you have given a single straight answer about anything concerning diving. Do you even dive?

I think this question bears answering, given that there has been no straight answers, and just by looking at his username in general. No va in Spanish means no go, doesn't go, etc. So No va diver translates to doesn't go diving. :wink:

Jason B:
Here ya novadiver, since you claim to have missed it the first time....

To which you responded in post #305(but apparently forgot that you did)...

So then lamont pointed out
Instead of trying to prove that you were actually correct, you change the subject.
Later (post #330) you throw out more nova gas skills...

You were once again corrected in post #339...

and you respond with...

Your response was hilarious I tell you. Like a flounder out of water....
I'm going to stop there as I think the point is proven.

Jason
the sad part is , you only know one way to plan a dive. there is a differance in gas planning and oog planning. how many gas plans have you been taught? that's what I thought. ONE

ABQ:
Yes.

In certain dive profiles... knowing that if you go OOA... well, that will be pretty much be all she wrote - that profile is not recreational, and I don't go there. I practice OOA drills all the time... try it with a head ache, without a mask while ascending, while way out of trim, zero vis, on a night dive (in a pool) with lights out (simulates vertigo), with a buddy on one reguator only...

I've done my share of OOAs - that's why I like the long hose - it's so much easier!

MASS-Diver:
Again, you go up vertical right? I don't do that, if we have OOA we keep our normal trim and we don't blow off out saftey stops. If you are facing one another, but horizontal, the 7' is great. Plus we don't always go up - if you are in a shipping lane or something and you go OOA you may want to swim for a bit first and then ascend.

Again, to anyone reading this thread - go and practice OOA drill is 20 or 30' of water - you want to share air and do slow controlled ascents (and try a stop or two) - right away you will see why AIRII and the like are junk and long hoses are a huge advantage.

Completely agree with every word. That's the way I do it as well; just pointing out that at OOA, the dive's over.

novadiver:
the sad part is , you only know one way to plan a dive. there is a differance in gas planning and oog planning. how many gas plans have you been taught? that's what I thought. ONE
there you go grabbing at thin air again. Trying to throw a cloud of smoke up to cover your own ignorance. Will not work. I'm going to keep calling you until you shut up, go away or swallow your pride and admit you were wrong (the manly thing to do).

Jason

novadiver:

I know that you know atleast two: your beloved 1/3s for any dive with any tank, and, after I taught you last night, you know Rock Bottom.

But, I still don't think you see the big picture of gas planning - there's no magic to it, you can use real numbers, it's OK.......

Heck, we are going to make a diver out of you yet *wink*

ABQ:
Completely agree with every word. That's the way I do it as well; just pointing out that at OOA, the dive's over.

Yup, absolutely, once someone goes OOA - it's time to go home.

novadiver:
they deal with it, and this is were skills comes in handy
What skills are those? Got any video of you blowing a bag when someone is on your 24" hose?

MASS-Diver:
I know that you know atleast two: your beloved 1/3s for any dive with any tank, and, after I taught you last night, you know Rock Bottom.

But, I still don't think you see the big picture of gas planning - there's no magic to it, you can use real numbers, it's OK.......

Heck, we are going to make a diver out of you yet *wink*
LOL! Classic. Gotta love that!

Jason

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom