US State Department Issues Honduras Travel Advisory & Reality

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a trip planned for the week following Christmas, hope things calm down by then

I have a trip planned for the week following Christmas, hope things calm down by then

Yes, Christmas can get pretty nutty.

Thanks guys. Being a newb to scuba and foreign travel that's comforting information you give.

Got to agree, we had a big Christams party in Flowers bay, What a chore trying to keep order with 150 kids all wanting food, drinks and presents.

But you know, that brings up an interesting side point.

New Years Eve is when it gets Bull Goose Looney.

As in many Latin cultures, the discharge of firearms into the night sky is an appropriate form of celebration. Unfortunately, at midnight, the aim can get a bit wobbly.

Also, on a point of personal experience- steer clear of Honduran Fireworks, too.

Now I am worried, I dont know if I can get my pistol through customs.

Thanks guys. Being a newb to scuba and foreign travel that's comforting information you give.

Your perception is correct.

The sky, as would be according to some, is simply not falling.

:chicken:=:fear:=:spam:

If only Michael Jackson would have had the common courtesy to wait three days to croak-out, none of this would have made even page 6. You sure as hell couldn't get the Hondurans to speed things up to coincide with Jacko's big day, certainly not by 3 days. Not gonna happen in Honduras. The news cycle and people selling subscriptions will continue. Fear sells.

If there is anything at all to worry about, and if I hear of it (and I would), it will get posted here. You have already met several "Bay Island connected" posters here who will do the same. None of us are selling anything, we'll call them as we see them.

Always remember- the Bay Islands are Honduras in name only. They are separated by 30 miles of ocean... but a world apart.

Not to worry. :cool2: Come diving. Enjoy the circus. The stories you'll be able to tell back at work! Guerillas? No, no Gorillas, either. :monkey:

With all due respect, problems can and do happen on the bay islands. Its just that these problems are usually out of sync with the mainland. A while back there were all sorts of demonstrations and road blocks preventing tourists from leaving the Roatan airport. In all honesty, I think this whole mess will soon pass. Too bad they can't fly Chavez to Costa Rica too.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom