Urgent: Perdix AI not showing / connecting to transmitter after Firmware 87 update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dberry

Hydrophilic
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My Perdix AI was working ok - including showing the transmitter pressure - but the firmware was outdated. The firmware update seemed to go fine, but afterwards the tank pressure no longer shows up on the main screen. Also, there's no flashing "NO COMMS" message when it's not in range of the transmitter. I know it's not the transmitter, since (1) it worked 30 min ago and (2) my backup PDC (not a Shearwater) continues to read the pressure. Obviously I'm not in the water, yet.

I'm leaving for the Red Sea in about 45 hours and I REALLY want to have AI working again on the Perdix.

I'm hoping I'm just doing something stupid and haven't set the display to show the pressure, or something similar. Under System Setup -> AI Setup it shows "AI Mode On", Units "PSI", "TX Setup" T1, and "GTR Mode" T1. T1 is set to the correct serial #. I'm wary about hitting "unpair", and starting fresh, since I don't want to make things worse.

I put in a support request on the Shearwater Website, but am hoping someone here knows what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks.
Don Berry

Thanks for the quick replies. I've also gotten a response from Shearwater support already, although it was mainly a request for more info. I'll hold off a little while before trying the reasonable suggestions given above (TYVM), and will see what SW suggests first.

Mea Culpa - I'm an idiot.

The firmware update apparently changed my bottom row display settings. To be honest, I haven't ever changed the bottom row / center value and didn't realize it could be changed to NOT show the tank pressure.

Problem solved, a massive case of OE (operator error)... nothing to see here, move along.

I guess I'm in a heightened state of concern as I pack for 2 weeks in Egypt.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom