Perdix AI Battery Drain Issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CWK

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello Shearwater,

I have been noticing that my 2017 Perdix AI has been going through batteries at an alarming pace lately. I only use Energizer Lithium batteries and I initially thought that my store of such batteries did not survive covid well so I purchased new lithium batteries with long use by date. The last Energizer lithium battery that I used has a use by date of 12 2048. This was installed into my Perdix AI on 23 October. The dive log on my first dive with the newly installed battery shows Battery Type Lithium, Battery V (Start) 1.7v, Battery V (End) 1.7v. Subsequent to installing the new battery, I did 11 dives from 23 October until 26 October. My dive log for my last dive on 26 Oxtober shows Battery V (Start) 1.7v, Battery V (End) 1.6v.

I'm doing a pre trip check of my equipment today (13 November), which is 10 days after my last dive and the lithium battery is dead, The Perdix AI will not turn on when the buttons are pressed. However, It works normally when I install a new lithium battery.

Something is causing the battery to drain when it is not in use. It is not AI since I have that turned off. Any ideas?

Very strange, did you contact Shearwater?

I have a 2017 Pedix AI, I haven't checked the voltage but it doesn't seem to drain at all after months of storage. Same battery as yours.

I have a Perdix AI and Perdix 2. I've never completely drained a battery to the point that the computer will not turn on. I've never experienced unusual battery drain either, when either in use or in storage. I use Energizer Ultimate Lithium batteries in both.

You mention that your Perdix AI is from 2017. Have you had it in to Dive-Tronix for General Maintenace? Just like regulators, tanks, and valves, dive computers should receive manufacturer recommended maintenance. Shearwater recommends General Maintenace every 3-4 years. You might want to try that. Mine came back essentially a brand new Perdix AI!

This happened to me but my perdix AI was in storage for 1 month. Completely dead after storing for 1 month with the same battery as you. Would not turn on at all and the barrery was brand new 2 months ago. Either a bad battery (unlikely) or the perdix ai is draining the battery when its off.

Is this a 1 time thing or repeat issue?
I've had bad batches and ones that only made 40hrs vs 60-70hr typical

Very strange, did you contact Shearwater?

I have a 2017 Pedix AI, I haven't checked the voltage but it doesn't seem to drain at all after months of storage. Same battery as yours.
I was trying to contact Shearwater through this Shearwater forum. The batteries in my Perdix used to last forever, until the last few months when they started to drain quite quickly.

I have a Perdix AI and Perdix 2. I've never completely drained a battery to the point that the computer will not turn on. I've never experienced unusual battery drain either, when either in use or in storage. I use Energizer Ultimate Lithium batteries in both.

You mention that your Perdix AI is from 2017. Have you had it in to Dive-Tronix for General Maintenace? Just like regulators, tanks, and valves, dive computers should receive manufacturer recommended maintenance. Shearwater recommends General Maintenace every 3-4 years. You might want to try that. Mine came back essentially a brand new Perdix AI!

Thanks. For some strange reason I never seem to read the fine print for anything. Never knew that the Perdix needed general maintenance.

This happened to me but my perdix AI was in storage for 1 month. Completely dead after storing for 1 month with the same battery as you. Would not turn on at all and the barrery was brand new 2 months ago. Either a bad battery (unlikely) or the perdix ai is draining the battery when its off.
Sounds like the same problem.

I was trying to contact Shearwater through this Shearwater forum. The batteries in my Perdix used to last forever, until the last few months when they started to drain quite quickly.
They don't monitor the board anymore. You're better off emailing or calling them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom