Shearwater Transmitter Issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Whether it's 30 seconds or two minutes, this may not work at depth. The transmitter measures absolute pressure like a SPG, not relative pressure. At 30 meters the pressure within the 1st stage cannot drop below 3bar.
That’s a good point and a possibility. But I have no way to test at the moment. However when I’ve had the issue at depth probably 60’, I don’t recall anything other than 0 psi being shown on the computer while I was waiting for the transmitter to turn off.

Edit: Keep in mind the transmitter is calibrated to be accurate over a pretty large range up to 4410 psi so it may not be super accurate at the very bottom of the range.

The transmitter measures absolute pressure like a SPG, not relative pressure.
No, the two types of measurements are "gauge" and "absolute", and we all know what the "G" in SPG stands for.

Zoltar Speaks

Shearwater says buy a Swift​
Below is the answer from Shearwater.
=========================================
Thank you for getting in touch.

It does sound like you may have been experiencing interference from using two grey transmitters together in this case.
It's always recommended to use a grey and a yellow, or Swifts to avoid signal collision.

The signal is every 5 seconds, so waiting a couple of seconds before turning on the second transmitter may help, however this is not fool proof and you may still experience drop outs.

I hope this helps,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom