Ups?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yes,I have the tracking # - that's how I know it is stuck in PA
Ok, wasn't clear on that, thanks. As Howard said...
If you have the tracking number, it should say a reason for delay, and an expected delivery date.
If it was last tracked in PA, but they don't know when they will deliver - it's sounding like it's currently lost huh...?

I spoke with UPS and they put me on hold, said they can't tell me when they can deliver it....I asked "it didn't fall off the truck and you're looking for it, did it?" Got kind of a nervous laugh from the person on the other end. I was promised a call back. Has yet to happen...

ask to speak to a supervisor... I hate dealing with customer service. Supervisor has more options and can find out more for you.. get the name of the super at the beginning of the conversation. I assume you have the tracking number..
A lot depends on the kind of delivery you paid for. If it says 3-5 days, do not count weekends or holidays, only M-F. IF it is 3-5 days, I can gauruntee it won't get delivered until day 5. And look in the bushes, my usp guy loves to toss things in my hibiscus.. :confused:
I detest all of them, but the USPS is the worst of the lot in my neck of the woods.

I guess I need to give you a bit more information :blinking: It is a 700+ lb "package" with a made in the USA product that has to be checked before the drivers leaves, to make sure it is in one piece. It was promised to be delivered on Friday. If I don't hear back by Monday morning - I'll get a supervisor.

How do they lose a 700# package?! Maybe it was left on a trailer awaiting the forklift to move it, then overlooked? I didn't know that UPS or airlines would take on that big. Wow!

I wouldnt worry too much and blame it on easter if it says on the tracking its in PA.

Its when my parcels get tracked between points and then suddenly appear as "deviation" on the tracking I get worried..

I guess I need to give you a bit more information :blinking: It is a 700+ lb "package" with a made in the USA product that has to be checked before the drivers leaves, to make sure it is in one piece. It was promised to be delivered on Friday. If I don't hear back by Monday morning - I'll get a supervisor.

Will they ship a 700lb package via normal UPS, or does it have to come UPS Freight? Not sure how that works for the islands...slow boat from CA or on an actual UPS flight into HNL.

How do they lose a 700# package?! Maybe it was left on a trailer awaiting the forklift to move it, then overlooked? I didn't know that UPS or airlines would take on that big. Wow!

I accepted two steel tanks for a friend.. and made arrangements to pick them up at the local UPS office... got there and they claimed they went out on the truck... then they called the truck and the delivery guy said he didn't have them... I stood there for over an hour while they looked for the tanks. I never told my friend, who was already worried that IF they got delivered to my house, they would get stolen off the enclosed front porch. He came real close to only getting one tank by the time they were found. I wanted so badly to shove one of them somewhere unpleasant. I refrained... I just hope he has enjoyed them...I don't mind accepting things for friends at any times. In fact I have long joked I am branch of the post office for my freinds who are out cruising on boats.. I was delighted to help someone out, my issue was... "gee we don't know what happened to them" that ticked me off. I detest dealing with any of these companies.

My last package made it to Orlando in 2 days it was a 3-5 day window. and sat there until 4am of day 5... was in St Pete by 7am... and didn't get tossed into my hisbiscus bushes until 6pm. I have the mailman, regular and relief, both trained that if the car is there I am home to yell for me.. door is pretty much always open.. if the car is gone the porch door is unlocked to just toss whatever it is on the porch floor. wish I could train UPS to not abuse my flowers. FedEx has long known that anything with my name on it they hold for pickup. oh well... it is what it is....

Last edited:
Ups faithfully delivers all packages to the right side of my garage next to the trash cans. I just have to hope they don't deliver on Thursday AND I have to ask my wife what she is throwing away when I see boxes there. I can't tell you how many packages were sent directly to the landfill. So fed up with this practice that i just won't order anything if ups is there delivery co.

I have UPS, FedEx, and USPS packages delivered to my dive bud's store for safety. He gets UPS almost everyday anyway.

Back
Top Bottom