Ups?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa

Neither here nor there
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
Anyone have experience with UPS? I have something that was supposed to be delivered today and just got word that it won't be delivering, that it's stuck in PA and they don't know when they will be able to deliver it.

UPS does not deliver on weekends. With the holiday if it was supposed to be delivered today I'd expect see it tuesday or wednesday if it's not in your area now. Do you have a tracking number? They are usually very close. Best way to use them is to have it shipped to a business. Residential addresses are low on the totem pole for priority delivery around holidays.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

UPS dose deliver on Saturday for residential. The problem is its stuck in a sorting warehouse and they tend to give them guys extra time of around holidays. Wednesday is mostly likely maybe even Thursday depending on how backed up they get.

In my area they do not. I have tried several times to get something on Saturday and they keep saying no. It's why I use usps whenever possible. Plus the fact that ups could destroy a bowling ball packed in a safe if you mark it fragile.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

UPS only delivers on Saturday if the shipper puts "Saturday Delivery" which is $10 extra dollars.

UPS only ships via air to Hawaii... Next Day, Two Day, or 3 Day select. If the package was delayed for reasons other than weather, then the shipper would be able to get reimbursed by UPS for the shipping charges, since they do guarantee their air packages. So if you ordered something online, you may want to ask about shipping reimbursement.

If you have the tracking number, it should say a reason for delay, and an expected delivery date.

I spoke with UPS and they put me on hold, said they can't tell me when they can deliver it....I asked "it didn't fall off the truck and you're looking for it, did it?" Got kind of a nervous laugh from the person on the other end. I was promised a call back. Has yet to happen...

Call whoever shipped it to you. Ask for a tracking number. Track in on the website using the tracking number. If you have problems you can use the tracking number when you call UPS. I don't think Easter has anything to do with it. Banks and other businesses were open today. I haven't had many problems with UPS. If the package is close and you really need it they will usually tell you where it is and the hours you can stop and pick it up. Saturday delivery is possible here, don't know about Hawaii though. I would definitely get the tracking number from whoever whipped the package and start there.

I guess you have the tracking number to be asking UPS about the package. Have you tracked it on their site?

yes,I have the tracking # - that's how I know it is stuck in PA

Sometimes I've had things stuck in customs and it takes an extra day or two to clear and arrive. It'll probably come in the next couple of business days...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom