Upgrading first stage as I’m buying a computer w transmitter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Monbit

Registered
Reaction score
hi guys

I’m buying a dive computer w transmitter. But my first stage doesn’t have enough ports.

Can I just buy any first stage w more ports from online and use that? Or do I need to carefully match make model etc etc ??

Lots of choices here.
1. use the first stage you have, but in two different ways:
(a) use just the transmitter with no SPG
(b) add on a port expander that allows two HP devices to be attached to just one port, for example High Pressure
2. get any new first stage that has two HP ports.

The only "matching" to be aware of is that the IP delivered by the first stage matches the IP expected by your second stages. this may require some minor tuning.

First, you can simply add an HP port splitter to your existing 1st stage.

If getting a new one anyway, you will facilitate servicing if you match brands, There may also be some other considerations such as balanced/unbalanced/over balanced, cold water use, etc. that require more specific info from you to answer.

If getting a new one anyway, you will facilitate servicing if you match brands, There may also be some other consderations such as balanced/unbalanced/over balanced, cold water use, etc. that require more specific info from you to answer.
Good points!

Same item available from multiple sources:
AC906-High-Pressure-Port-Adapter.jpg

High Pressure Port Adapter — XS Scuba

Back
Top Bottom