Upcoming Scuba Purchase

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ctiffin

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi fellow divers!

I am going to be making a leisurepro purchase in the next few days and thought I would post it on here first so see if anyone has any reviews / suggestions / warnings on any of the items I am planning on purchasing.

Just as an FYI, I have 3mm booties that are a tiny bit too big - hence the socks (and my feet are always cold), I have a Cobalt dive computer that I need to fasten to my BCD and some sort of hose management is always nice. As for the mesh bag, these seem to be great - I have a dry Patagonia duffel for travel.

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2013-04-22 at 12.58.32 PM.jpg

I personally own a CONS-HOLD, Sink the Stink, Stahlsac bag, and the Lavacore socks and love them all. Especially the Sink the Stink :wink:

Before you order, you may want to email info@leisurepro.com or give us a call to see if there's any kind of package discount we can put together. That's not what I do, so I'm not 100% sure they can, but it never hurts to ask.

For the Cobalt attachment, I'd consider a different approach. When using one, I found the best way to attach it was using a short, webbing-based connector at the top bar. This prevented dangling and because the webbing spread out the force applied to the relatively thin top bar, cut down on the chances it would break or move around.

I cut the hose loop off the Cobalt's HP hose because it's worse than useless (too much movement, and puts stress on a swivel HP connection), and went to the following two pieces to attach the Cobalt to my right shoulder (hose crosses my chest, computer easily visable and buttons pushable without unclipping):

QRBCS1 discounts on sale Cetecea Goes on the top slot of the Cobalt without stressing any one point on it, easy to adjust connection length, and goes on/off the Cobalt easily.

BCQR3 discounts on sale Cetecea Goes on the shoulder webbing, easy on/off, and nice and short.

is the hood to wear as an underlayer for another hood?

if not, and if as you say, you are always cold, I would suggest a warmer hood.

Ok, you asked so here goes.

I had the mesh backpack style bag. Sold it and bought mesh duffle bag style. MUCH easier to load, unload, find gear.

Given Lavacore socks for Christmas, same issue, cold feet and slightly oversized booties. Returned them. Did not like the feel of the seam and felt binding at the ankle. Now I use synthetic, runners socks I bought from Sports Authority. Much cheaper, keeps my feet warmer, feels great and provides cushion. 3 pairs for 10 dollars

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom