United baggage rules

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks, Cheryl. I emailed the CEO of United yesterday and I actually got a prompt reply from one of his minions. A dive bag that is correctly dimensioned can weigh up to 99.9lbs, and my rolling Igloo cooler will be recognized as a "dive bag". I will, of course, print out the email thread and take it with me.
How nice. How about attaching it for download here...?? :D

How nice. How about attaching it for download here...?? :D
I intend to. I replied to the email I got, asking the rep's permission to post it here.

Thanks, Cheryl. I emailed the CEO of United yesterday and I actually got a prompt reply from one of his minions. A dive bag that is correctly dimensioned can weigh up to 99.9lbs, and my rolling Igloo cooler will be recognized as a "dive bag". I will, of course, print out the email thread and take it with me.

That is awesome.

How much for a notarized copy?

That is awesome.

How much for a notarized copy?
If the person who emailed me the information does not get back to me in the next day or so telling me not to post the email, I will take it as permission to do so. Notarization is someone else's problem. :D

Thanks. Can you shoot me a link to that page so that I can print it and have it with me?

Okay, so it looks like you got some good info...COOL!!! I am looking forward to seeing that document you got.

After having my rolling cooler stolen many years ago on a flight to Cancun I travel carry-on only with my dive gear (no BC).

After having my rolling cooler stolen many years ago on a flight to Cancun I travel carry-on only with my dive gear (no BC).
An inconvenience, and filing insurance claims is not fun - but such a great way to cash in and go shopping.

Once in The Netherlands, after my second flight was canceled and I had to start rebooking - I had backup flights written down just in case, I arrived late but my bags were delayed. Took them some time to catch up to me, and I did not know that I could go shopping and expect refunds from the airline - nor did they volunteer that info! Now I can really push that opportunity. Some other times earlier on I didn't, but once I learned - I've had fun restocking...!! :D

But then, I also think it's more fun to take all I want to have - and it's almost always there as soon as I arrive.

You should have taken the Kloster stickers off of it.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom