underwater slate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The magna-doodles work well. Just watch out for physical pressure on the writing surface. Mine has a lot of dead spots where it got pressed on while in my pocket.

Joe

Sideband:
The magna-doodles work well. Just watch out for physical pressure on the writing surface. Mine has a lot of dead spots where it got pressed on while in my pocket.

Joe
Until I went wetnotes, that's what I used. I liked it 'cause the one at my LDS costs $50.00 and I paid $5 for mine. :D

i have the diverite wrist mount slate and it was only 20$. and it has 6 slates to go with it.

Captain CaveMan:
i have the diverite wrist mount slate and it was only 20$. and it has 6 slates to go with it.

Do you like it? I have two DR Wrist Slates though. It is PITA to write down in underwater and a too small for the communication usage. I prefer the wetnote or a square sized multiple slates.

I've tried many different styles and sizes of slates. Once I started using WetNotes I'll never go back to using a slate. If you go with Wetnotes, the only thing you'll need to do is pickup those plastic pencils with the lead slugs you push out as you use them. A traditional woodend pencil can swell and crack from being in the water.

WetNotes fit easily into most BC pockets, or better yet, glue a drysuit pocket to your wetsuit. Pure bliss!

I use a 4x6 slate but always had problems with the pencils. I have found the ultimate dive slate pencil and it's only 38 cents. It's the flat carpenter's pencil that you can find at Lowes or Home Depot. The point never breaks, and mine has lasted much longer than the pencil that comes with the slate.

I am interested in finding out where to get the plastic pencil with the lead slugs. Anybody know where to find these?

Bratface:
I am interested in finding out where to get the plastic pencil with the lead slugs. Anybody know where to find these?

I may be doing a poor job in describing the pencil, but these are just cheap school pencils that can be purchased at most drugstores and school supply stores. Usually a colored plastic body with little lead mounted in a plastic cap. The body holds all the lead/cap and as you use one, you just pull it out an push it back through the top of the pencil body and it advances the next lead. Ask your kids.

W

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom