underwater slate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have seen divers use a scrap 4-6" section of white (pvc?) plastic pipe, cut in half or thirds on the tranverse. Holes were drilled and surgical tubing attached to tie around the forearm. Another piece of surgical tubing goes on the end of a golf pencil which is secured to the plastic. Kind of ingenious I thought.

I'm kind of with Erica on this. Unless you are making it just for the sake of DIY or already have the materials on hand it doesn't seem worth it.
I have seen other threads on here about it so a search might prove helpfull.
Joe

if you use pvc pipe and cut it to fit your wrist, sand it first. This will give you a better writing surface, clean pipe is tough to write on

I seem to remember a recent thread on this with many good suggestions, but personally I use the back (smooth) side of scrap white vinyl siding. This is as close to free as you can get.

It writes on well and erases easily, is flexible, and is easy to work with. You can then use surgical tubing to attach a pencil, or use as bands for a wrist mount.

Dennis

If you live in a state that has only rear license plates (like Alabama) you can go down to your local screen printer and get a plastic blank - should cost about a dollar. From that you can make two to four slates, depending on how big you want them.
(Or, you can order blank plates direct here).
Or, just buy a slate :)
Rick

In walmart they have a small magnadoodle that has a clip and writing pen for $1.88.
I took one to 80ft and it worked well.

Back
Top Bottom