Underwater ‘Scuba’ Wedding

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It is a pain to get “legally” married in Mexico if you are from the US. We did local court quick wedding and ceremony in Cozumel. Was really nice on isla de passion so we weren’t under water:) god luck and congratulations

A couple got engaged at the safety stop during a dive I was on a few years ago. When we got on the boat the groom-to-be said the thing he was most worried about was dropping the ring before his fiance´ could get it on her finger. We had been drifting over reef (not sand) during the SS and had the ring gotten away from them they would never have been able to find it.

I would have a cheap 'stunt' ring for that type of scenario. The real rings get exchanged top side where there is less of a chance of accidents.

The horizontal drills are post weeding. 👌
Have fun.

I've officiated a few in Texas. I wonder if you have to be a Mexican to officiate one there? Eh, the paperwork in Spanish would be a put-off.

We were married in Cozumel (very small wedding). Requires Thumb prints on marriage certificates, documents and ceremony was in Spanish. It was 26 years ago though and not underwater.

We did do a night dive after and brought a bottle of champagne for after thd dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom