Underwater ‘Scuba’ Wedding

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheCoolBeans

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anyone here gotten married on a scuba dive in Cozumel?

I know most of the official stuff needs to be done topside but wondered if anyone has any knowledge of a dive operator that can do such a thing?

We were going to do a simple beach ceremony but then my partner and I got talking and we both think it would be waaay more fun and novel to do it underwater.

Possible?

If we make it happen, Anyone want to witness and get a free day of diving in September let me know 🥰

This is such a great and unique idea. I hope you can pull it off. Congratulations!

You could get creative with the SNUBA Scooters and/or the Submarine for non-diving guests ...

A couple got engaged at the safety stop during a dive I was on a few years ago. When we got on the boat the groom-to-be said the thing he was most worried about was dropping the ring before his fiance´ could get it on her finger. We had been drifting over reef (not sand) during the SS and had the ring gotten away from them they would never have been able to find it.

Not underwater, but I got married at Hotel Cozumel....

Full face masks and Buddy Phones would solve much of the issues, albeit at a cost.

A bigger dive slate might also do the trick, with the added benefit of recording the answers.

Full face masks and Buddy Phones would solve much of the issues, albeit at a cost.
+1. This came to my mind, too.

Does the clergyman/JP actually have to be at depth with you two and the witnesses? If not, then how about hard-wired communications to the surface, too, for him/her?

rx7diver

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom