Underwater ‘Scuba’ Wedding

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very Cool ! Congratulations :) :)

If anyone is thinking about this in South Florida, I just happen to know a dive shop with an ordained priest dive master :wink:

We just celebrated our 25th anniversary .. but I might consider 'renewing our wows' :)

i wanted to update everyone that replied to this post with my good news... We managed to have a very successful happy underwater wedding!

We did a lot of research but really struggled to find a one-stop solution, until we reached out to Iberostar and Dressel Divers who made the whole thing an absolute dream! (So this post might be a bit gushy as i have nothing but good things to say about both Iberostar and Dressel Divers)

Iberostar have a dedicated wedding coordinator called Lina, who took care of all the advance paperwork and official stuff before we left the UK for Cozumel, We didn't pay a penny until a couple of days before the ceremony either which made us feel quite comfortable.

She arranged all the blood-tests (a requirement in Mexico), the paperwork, she did the visits to the authorities for us, did all the translating etc. all so very easy!!!

Dressel Divers get a lot of dislike for having 'cattle boats' but honestly we've got nothing but total love and appreciation for everything they did for us. We were their first underwater wedding and they really went to extreme lengths to make it so special for us. They arranged a very large private boat, they had underwater vows printed up and laminated, They arranged a professional underwater videographer, they arranged all the witnesses to the official paperwork signing back on dry land immediately following the underwater ceremony.... they were just amazing!

We were trying to look back and think what we could have changed or improved on but everything was just perfect. Wouldn't have changed a thing!!

So if you want to have an underwater wedding in Cozumel then i'd recommend Iberostar & Dressel Divers.

Thanks to everyone there but especially Eva, Milly, Lina and Alex.

xx
Very cool. I am glad to hear that you were able to make it happen! Got pix?

i wanted to update everyone that replied to this post with my good news... We managed to have a very successful happy underwater wedding!

We did a lot of research but really struggled to find a one-stop solution, until we reached out to Iberostar and Dressel Divers who made the whole thing an absolute dream! (So this post might be a bit gushy as i have nothing but good things to say about both Iberostar and Dressel Divers)

Iberostar have a dedicated wedding coordinator called Lina, who took care of all the advance paperwork and official stuff before we left the UK for Cozumel, We didn't pay a penny until a couple of days before the ceremony either which made us feel quite comfortable.

She arranged all the blood-tests (a requirement in Mexico), the paperwork, she did the visits to the authorities for us, did all the translating etc. all so very easy!!!

Dressel Divers get a lot of dislike for having 'cattle boats' but honestly we've got nothing but total love and appreciation for everything they did for us. We were their first underwater wedding and they really went to extreme lengths to make it so special for us. They arranged a very large private boat, they had underwater vows printed up and laminated, They arranged a professional underwater videographer, they arranged all the witnesses to the official paperwork signing back on dry land immediately following the underwater ceremony.... they were just amazing!

We were trying to look back and think what we could have changed or improved on but everything was just perfect. Wouldn't have changed a thing!!

So if you want to have an underwater wedding in Cozumel then i'd recommend Iberostar & Dressel Divers.

Thanks to everyone there but especially Eva, Milly, Lina and Alex.

xx
This is amazing. congrats! Care to share some photos?! :)

Has anyone here gotten married on a scuba dive in Cozumel?

I know most of the official stuff needs to be done topside but wondered if anyone has any knowledge of a dive operator that can do such a thing?

We were going to do a simple beach ceremony but then my partner and I got talking and we both think it would be waaay more fun and novel to do it underwater.

Possible?

If we make it happen, Anyone want to witness and get a free day of diving in September let me know 🥰
a buddy of mine in the Navy "re-upped" underwater ... fun dive! Hope you can work out the UW wedding.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom