Underwater Proposal Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maynardtd

Registered
Reaction score
Greenville, North Carolina, United States
# of dives
25 - 49
Ok so I'm in need of a little help. I am just getting out of the military and looking to propose to my girlfriend of 5 years. I plan on doing it on our anniversary while diving on a wreck off the NC coast between Morehead city and Wrightsville Beach. We are both advanced certified. I am trying to decide on a wreck to dive. I would like to take her family down as well as my best man to do the proposal. I would like something that would make for a nice picture while doing it. Maybe a wreck with a flat open bow or stern. I plan on Diving on May 5 and will plan on wearing a 5m with hood.....The next step after determining location i will have to decide on transport. I have looked into the local dive shops and have calculated that it will on average cost me over $600 dollars for this dive if I go through them. This is a bit out of my budget. I am hoping that I find a friend of mine with a vessel between now and then that i can pay a fraction of that to make this happen. If you have any input I would greatly appreciate it. Semper Fidelis and thanks

ask ken (runs the 'tortuga'). he's a responsive and responsible guy.

tortugacharters.net

Well So far I have tried both Aquatic Safaris and Tortuga thanks to recommendations. Unfortunately both were booked on that day. Some people have recommended that I choose a different day but this day marks our 5 year anniversary so it is of extreme importance to me.I have narrowed down teh dive sites to the Hyde/Markum of the coast of Wrightsville beach and the Indra off More head City. If anyone has any recommendations on charters to either of these destinations please let me know. Thank you so much for all of your help.

Discovery diving(Beaufort) and Olympus(MHCity) both do trips to the Indra, not one of the better dives of the NC coast. But if you haven't done NC wreck diving it might be a good place to start, see if it is for you. Cape Fear Divers(Carolina beach) does the Hyde/Markham as does Aquatic Safaris (Wilmington). The Hyde/Markham are farther out and have a very good chance for sharks/better vis than the Indra. If you want to stay close(er) to shore(less expensive), consider diving the Liberty ship (Alexander Ramsey).

How many people are you wanting to have involved with this? more than 6?

~Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom