Underwater Poker Run December 18, 2004

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Debraw

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Diver's Day Out -Fall Dive Day

Underwater Poker Run

December 18, 2004

Clear Springs Scuba Park

We will cook, laugh, scuba dive, and hang out together. SI Scuba will provide hot dogs, snacks, sodas, water and juices.

All rentals are half price including semi-dry's so this is a great opportunity to try out a new suit, BCD, or whatever your heart's desire.

An underwater poker run course will be set up with stations that buddy dive teams will be able to easily navigate between to collect numbered poker chips.

Turn in your poker chips for cards and best hand will win two $50 gift certificates to Surface Interval Scuba.

2nd best hand will win two $25 gift certificates to Surface Interval Scuba
NO SOLO DIVING for the Underwater Poker Run. Must dive in a buddy team.

When I was a girl, my dad raced motocross (in the 60's) and managed a motorcycle retail shop for a living. His cycle club would sponsor "lime runs." It was always a big day for me, because I got to ride behind him during the trip. This is how they worked:

A crew went out ahead to lay the course by throwing small paper bags of lime on the road to mark a trail, Hansel & Gretel style. Sometimes they would set up a "dummy" trail, and throw teams off for a while.

Using an agreed-upon marker, there were "stations" (on the side of the road, roadside parks, lakes, etc.,) that would provide teams an opportunity to get off the bikes, and search for the hidden deck of cards. Once they found the cards, they would take one and re-hide the cards, mount their bikes and follow the trail to the next station.

At the end of the trail, we usually ended up at a lake campsite or the like, and had a big party together, with the team that had put together the best poker hand winning a prize. These were long, fun days, and I remember them with great fondness.

Thanks for bringing back this memory for me, and I have decided not to say that I will be at this event, for fear of having to change plans. But, you never know when the phantom may appear. Do you think a 5 or 7 mm wetsuit would be enough?

Foo

Sounds like lots of fun..... will try to make it.
cheers

You will probably need a 7MM, hood and gloves. We also have semi-dry suits for rent for 1/2 price at $12.50. It would be a pleasure to meet you Foo! I mean that is if the phantom appears........ :dazzler1:

Hi Debra,
What does "semi-dry" suit mean?

Foo

Semi-Dry Suit means you get wet from about your wrist to your elbow and then up to about mid calf on your leg. The suit itself is a 6.5 mil suit. Pretty heavy duty suit.

Debraw:
Diver's Day Out -Fall Dive Day

Underwater Poker Run

December 18, 2004

Clear Springs Scuba Park

We will cook, laugh, scuba dive, and hang out together. SI Scuba will provide hot dogs, snacks, sodas, water and juices.

All rentals are half price including semi-dry's so this is a great opportunity to try out a new suit, BCD, or whatever your heart's desire.

An underwater poker run course will be set up with stations that buddy dive teams will be able to easily navigate between to collect numbered poker chips.

Turn in your poker chips for cards and best hand will win two $50 gift certificates to Surface Interval Scuba.

2nd best hand will win two $25 gift certificates to Surface Interval Scuba
NO SOLO DIVING for the Underwater Poker Run. Must dive in a buddy team.

Debra,,,, what are the times for this event??? Thanks...AK

Phantom Foo.....I love it! :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom