undergarment's info for drysuit..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Garfish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all:

Maybe some of you fellow divers can help me out on how much insulation in way of warmthness for a 4mm crushed neoprene drysuit i'll need.

Decided to find some undergarments to replace the plane jane Carbello's undys for xmas.

Would the Bare Ct 200 Polar jumpsuit being 200 Thinsulate be good all around or should i go with a 12oz polar fleece jacket and johns.. Something like a 12/12oz. overlay.

I plan to use it within 40 to 65de. F. water. Quarry diving and some winter diving when weather permits.

I know with the 4 mm one would be fairly warm but i'm unsure on how much is to much or visa versa..

The new drysuit i have is a 50/50 hybrid and for the top "bilam" i'll need a little extra warmth then below.

I thought about something like the White's 12 oz. Glacier Base and john combo. A little prices though.

any comments would be nice.

:wink:

Thinsulate is the best answer for cold water. Hang onto the polypro to use as additional layers in really cold water. 200G is enough for most divers in 50F, longer times or colder water may call for 400G.

I like my Diving Concepts 200G suit - great flexibility, good coverage and easy to don/doff. It's got room underneath for a couple of layers of polypro, should the situation warrant. Most of my diving is in 40F - 45F water.

Steven

How much warmer is thinsulate than Polartec?

I have both Weezel Exteme and a 300g polarfleece.

The weezle is not as warm unless you keep enough gas in the suit to fluff it up. With the Polarfleece I stay warmer even with the suit just short of squeeze.

You can't get a better deal than this:
http://home.att.net/~gchev91/

Be sure to tell them Uncle Pug sent you and if you will be using a P-valve ask for the special UP button hole and be sure to specific which side your plumbing is on. :wink:

BTW... I have the two piece and Shane has the single piece.

I recently ordered a set of the polarfleece that UP mentioned. I ordered a two-piece, custom fit a week ago Sunday and it was shipped the next day. I should be receiving it tomorrow or Thursday. I'll give a review after I use it this weekend.

I second Pug's recommendation. You won't get a better deal or better service.

Tom

Hey, thanks everyone and you especially uncle pug.

Checked out their website " software" and really could'nt get over the great deal's and quality ware.

Was wondering though, do they charge extra for a custom fit. It didn't mentioned it though. np.

Could not find the custom fit size chart. How detailed is it for measurements of a two piece suit? Looks like my body shape is somewhat out of the standard measurements.

:wink:

No, there was no extra charge for a custom fit. It also took her less than a day to make.

The sizing form is displayed after you pay for it.:wink: They want the usual measurements -- chest, waist, hips, arm length, etc. Wasn't very difficult.

PA/NJdiver once bubbled...
No, there was no extra charge for a custom fit. It also took her less than a day to make.

The sizing form is displayed after you pay for it.:wink: They want the usual measurements -- chest, waist, hips, arm length, etc. Wasn't very difficult.

Did you find the web site easy to use and user friendly?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom