Unbelievable

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never received anything but great service and response from ScubaPro, but this is a distressing situation. Hopefully it is just an isolated incident rather than a procedural problem.

Well, I got screwed by scubapro after being a customer since 1978 & will never buy anything from SP again.

YMMV

This is kind of funny "yes I know it is a pain for the customer" dive manufactures preach all the "this is life support equipment" and something like this happens. So it is ok for them to mess up your equipment but not ok for you to work on your own equipment. Yes mistakes do happen, but if you are preaching all the life stuff there should be multiple checks like in the aviation industry where they are really working on life support equipment. To the OP, it's good to here your shop is taking care of you.

I agree with you on this. I think the customer has to be part of the maintenance circle. I believe in user replaceable parts. I also believe in reaching out for help from someone that knows more than myself. That is not the everyday no-fail one day regulator course graduate. Like someone else said its not rocket science. It can be more complex than some folks are ready for but not all.

Later Mon,
Nick

No reason to blast them in a public forum prior to working it out at a lower level.

Shouldn't have happened, maybe it did. Could have been bad, wasn't.

If it is an isolated incident, this should have been handled directly with the responsible party. The outcome for you is probably the same. Your equipment will get repaired, and a tech will get a wakeup call.

Jeff

Just a question. Has ScubaPro made any changes (or will they) in their procedures to prevent this from happening again? If nothing else, this pointed out hole that needed patching. Once you patch that hole in your procedures, then perhaps it could be said that something good came from this for future service customers.
Since there has been no response along these lines from SP, it would seem that they are just going to hope it does not happen again

This Is Pertinent

Smart people are especially prone to stupid mistakes - Boing Boing

Research Shows That the Smarter People Are, the More Susceptible They Are to Cognitive Bias : The New Yorker

Intelligence-Stvenson.jpg

Seems to me that he got the "screw" after-all. :)

---------- Post added ----------

You really should have addressed this with your local dive shack before posting it here for the world to see. Everyone makes mistakes and it's very, very bad form to post like you did before giving those involved a chance to fix the situation.
I strongly disagree with you! Information about serious manufacturer mistakes like this is valuable. It allows consumers to discover trends of shoddy workmanship. Manufacturers (especially Scubapro) tend to play their cards close to the vest, and we would never have heard about this from them. Scubapro is fond of referring questions about their products to the website, which is cryptic at best.

Last edited:
Tiffku,

I checked up on your service and there was a mistake in assembly; our apologies. I beleive they are being rectified now via your LDS.

Oh, a mistake in assembly...like it wasn't finished.. lol

---------- Post added ----------

No reason to blast them in a public forum prior to working it out at a lower level.

Shouldn't have happened, maybe it did. Could have been bad, wasn't.

If it is an isolated incident, this should have been handled directly with the responsible party. The outcome for you is probably the same. Your equipment will get repaired, and a tech will get a wakeup call.

Jeff

....So if someone does something that has the potential to end your life, you should keep it quiet...? Not a Chance, that is retarded.

I sent my Luna back to Scubapro for service via my LDS. When it came back, the shop did a complete health check before shipping it back to me. At the time I recall being a little ticked that I was not allowed to work directly with the manufacturer. However, having just got back from a trip with no problems and excellent product performance, I'm pretty happy with how things turned out. After reading this, I am now actually kinda glad that I was forced to go though my shop for factory-level servicing.

Last edited:
Since there has been no response along these lines from SP, it would seem that they are just going to hope it does not happen again

In SP's defense, most companies would consider the contents of their Policies and Procedures to be "none of my business" and that could be why they have refrained from responding. This is a possibility and my speculation only.

I think that the way I worded the question, I would still reply even if I was SP because I did not really ask for specifics. Bottom line, they have no obligation to me to answer.

In SP's defense, most companies would consider the contents of their Policies and Procedures to be "none of my business" and that could be why they have refrained from responding. This is a possibility and my speculation only.

I think that the way I worded the question, I would still reply even if I was SP because I did not really ask for specifics. Bottom line, they have no obligation to me to answer.
And we have no obligation to give them the benefit of the doubt. Keeping mum about this only serves to fuel negative speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom