I feel like an idiot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubaboard,

I feel like an idiot. I finally purchased my first regulators. I admit I fell in love with the sleek aesthetic of the DIN valve first stage. I’ve used them before, no problem. But tonight, I went to set up my DGX Custom Dive Rite XT1/XT2 DIN package and when I screwed the first stage into the tank valve, air kept escaping violently from the time escape hole behind the threads on the tank valve.

The o-ring looks good to me. Brand new, and all. I re-threaded it several times to make sure I wasn’t screwing up the threading. What could be wrong?

I dropped a few photos below: (1) the male end of the DIN on the first stage, (2) the rig screwed together, and (3) the bastard hole that is hissing like a cobra.

Help.

View attachment 864270View attachment 864271View attachment 864272

There is too much BS here.

Can't you take the set to a qualified service center who know what they are doing to take care of things and help you understand how to use it??

Back
Top Bottom