Unbelievable

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. Like I said, I accept that specific Policies and Procedures are none of our business however I would still reply in general terms in an effort to cease the speculation. Truly though, they are in a no win situation. Thanks to the internet, someone will always be willing to turn anything they say against them.

I'm glad the OP posted the info. It lets those reading know that you cannot blindly accept what your LDS or the manufacturer hands you back after servicing. Divers have got to become the last check on their equipment because it is them that a mistake effects the most. .

I agree that divers should check their gear.

But here it looks like that not only did they not put in the screws, but I'm guessing they "didn't test it" after servicing.

Surely if they tested it in a wet pressure vessel, it would have likely fallen apart, leaked, and failed. And the problem would have been found immediately. so to me, it seems like either

a.) they have faulty/incomplete service/test procedures.
b.) they failed to follow those procedures if they are in place.

Either way it's a failure of their system.

I think the service tech/company has an obligation to test this before sending it out. I mean you wouldn't have an Air Conditioner compressor installed/replaced in your car without the mechanic testing it?

Everyone can make a mistake though. Scubapro Harry indicated there was a problem and they are fixing it.

So at least that's a good start. :thumb:

<<You really should have addressed this with your local dive shack before posting it here for the world to see.>> Wrong. It's important and relevant to know that mistakes can and do happen. The post just gave the facts and actually never said anything more than they screwed up my repair and returned my computer obviously untested since it barely passed the "just pick it up" test. Glad to hear the company's acknowledged the problem. It's a bit troubling but I already know the best way to break your gear is getting it serviced. :)

This thread begs one HUGE question. How often do they put all the screws in so that there is no OBVIOUS defect in workmanship, but don't bother to properly TEST IT????????

This thread begs one HUGE question. How often do they put all the screws in so that there is no OBVIOUS defect in workmanship, but don't bother to properly TEST IT????????

Exactly. This is a serious problem. If screws aren't put in, imagine the other things... think about it for a minute.

<<You really should have addressed this with your local dive shack before posting it here for the world to see.>>

Interesting thing I just noticed.

Original poster has "one post". his last activity was the 3 weeks ago, the day he started this thread.

So he came here to vent.... and hasn't been back.

Now anything else, is just wind noise. I think we can stick a fork in this thread.

I think we can stick a fork in this thread.

I just scratched the :turd: out of my iPhone glass. Thanks Mike :shakehead:

We have identified the problem, fixed the problem, took care of the LDS, took care of the customer immediately and reviewed the process by which repairs are done. I'm closing this thread. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom