Ultimate Diver Challenge TV Show

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wait, you all are saying you LIKE this show? I've DVR'ed and watched 2 episodes so far. Both were absolutely horrible. The direction, editing, the whole production sucks. I think it's a good idea for a show but it has been badly executed.

Except for one it looks like the rest are bad example of trim.

Ultimate diver my azz. I lost all respect for the show when a host starts making fun of a diver who actually has his gear clipped off to prevent danglies. Says he deserves the bedazzled BC award? What a tool.

Have they had any in water mercy drownings yet as in SANCTUM?
Sorry I had to go there!
I have not seen the program either but it sounds like it would be fun.
You have to be ready for anything when doing TV, scripted or not it is still just TV!
But hey it is supposed to be fun that is why we dive!

CamG Keep Diving....Keep Training....Keep Learning!

Last edited:

Maybe....because... its supposed to be the "ultimate diver". The best, the most proficient in ALL skills.

Although in reality I thinks its the "best" of the people that were able to sign up an have time to go to Coz for the event.

I keep watching the episodes I've DVR'd in hopes of getting a good look at the el Cid resort itself (that hosts the show)

I'm tryign to figure out if its nice/clean enough to trade for a week thru our timeshare (those woudl be my wife's concerns, the fact that it's in Coz & has a "house reef" & a diveshop sold me!!) :D

Well it is sad to watch such poor divers and one of them will be called "ultimate diver"!?!

Have you seen poor rescue skills in the show?

How about being mocked for clipping your "danglies" as one should?

Maybe....because... its supposed to be the "ultimate diver".

I thought it was "Ultimate Dive Challenge". Anyway, my definition of of a good diver is one who dives within their limitations and doesn't push someone else to exceed their own. Safety consciousness and a respect for the environment are subsets of that. I've seen plenty of divers with excellent trim tell a rookie, "you'll be fine, it's only 80ft".

To each his own. I like watching diving on tv. And I kind of like seeing the different skill levels. I can learn from that too.

Anyway, my definition of of a good diver is one who dives within their limitations and doesn't push someone else to exceed their own.

So, by your "definition" a brand new diver who does OW at 25 feet, and NEVER improves thier skills, or does any dive other than the same one they did in class is a "good diver". :confused: :idk:

The show is (supposed to be) a contest of who can demonstrate the best overall skills as a diver. Divers bicycle kicking along at a 45 degree angle through the water demonstrates a lack of BASIC skills, let alone "ultimate" skills.

Back
Top Bottom