Ultimate Dive Truck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Plan ahead and assume that someone will try to drive around with their gear clipped into the "set up" areas. Are the roll-control tank clips sufficient to prevent them losing their whole kit while bouncing around the marine park?

To be honest - driving a beat-to-hell manual transmission truck is part of the appeal of going to Bonaire for me. Does that even fit down some of the one way streets in Kralendijk?
its a ford it will be beat to hell in no time lol

That's an interesting business model--aiming for a "luxury market" for Bonaire rental trucks. My perception of Bonaire is that it attracts mainly frugal divers to whom the idea of renting their own truck and hauling their own gear appeals at least as much because it's an economical way to dive as because of the freedom to dive whenever and wherever. I'm probably the extreme case, but price is the main factor for me in renting a truck. If I had the budget for a luxury dive vacation, I'd take a liveaboard and let someone else deal with hauling the tanks for me. So with this luxury truck I can pay a lot of money for the truck AND still have to load and unload my own gear. Does Bonaire really have a "luxury market"?

This isn't intended as advice, just curiosity. I have no idea what the public wants, on Bonaire or anywhere else. If I knew what people wanted, I'd be an entrepreneur. If I think there's no market, it will probably be a best seller. I still can't understand how Yeti coolers appeal to so many people, but this truck seems like it would appeal to just such people.

What would the rental rate be - that would be the deciding factor for most. Also, while it holds 8 tanks, most places only allow 4 for 2 people (it's a 2 door).

The only thing I would wish for in a vehicle for there would be a secure storage box of modest size. Anything more is nice, but not necessary....

these shown are overkill

awesome, but overkill

Hi There Bon Scuba!
It is going to be on the island late this week (Rocargo Delivery), then once it is through customs, hopefully we will have it in hand by July 5th.

It is for rent beginning July 7th.

Glad you like it!

We have another patent pending on the 5 ft bed model trucks for 2 divers.....coming in 2020 sometime.
Our main focus for now is to complete 5 of the large trucks and then go from there.

You can connect with us via FB messenger at UltimateDiveTrucks....I don't check this forum as often and don't receive notifications to my phone....sorry for delay in responding

Back
Top Bottom