Ultima Dry Glove System question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Super easy solution. You have DUI zip rings on that suit.

Turn suit inside out.
Take individual DUI wrist zip seal, turn that inside out
Reattach Ultima rings to wrist seal
Attach gloves
Inflate
Check for leaks
Uninstall Ultima rings
Flip DUI wrist seals over again
Reinstall wrist seals
Reinstall Ultima rings

Problem solved.

DUI zip seals are interchangeable, just turn them inside out. The ring on your suit and the ring on the wrist seal portion are identical. DUI uses the same piece for both sides. Just match the zip portions together.

Note:

If you don't have dry gloves. Shove a yeti cup in the wrist seal. I use a standard tank for the neck seal. Just shove the tank inside the neck seal.

Waterproof ultimate dryglove system

853CB155-4881-42D2-880F-669BCABB93BE.jpeg
CDC8DD48-0718-4685-B7DF-CC25A08F0007.jpeg
7004C433-2655-4B41-ACBB-67EEBFB4B29F.jpeg
What wrist cuff ring setup do you have?....that does not look like the PU ring of a sitech qcs oval system glued in the suit.

Understanding your setup will help us advise.

-Z

That photo shows Ultima system, and a DUI zip system. That's where the confusion is. They are independent systems. You just happen to mount your Ultima rings to a DUI zip seal. Which then zip seals itself to your suit.

Reactions: Zef
I bought a bare drysuit wit latex seals with the ultima dry gloves system attached to it.
I first want to dive without the rings attached to my drysuit.

How do I remove the rings from the drysuit, withoud damaging the existing seals at my drysuit ?
I searched internet, but did not find anything about removing the rings.
In the section in the manual I can see that a O-ring holds the seal on the ring, but how to get it out ?

Attachments

• drsn.JPG
    drsn.JPG
    18.1 KB · Views: 70
I bought a bare drysuit wit latex seals with the ultima dry gloves system attached to it.

How do I remove the rings from the drysuit, withoud damaging the existing seals at my drysuit ?
I searched internet, but did not find anything about removing the rings.
In the section in the manual I can see that a O-ring holds the seal on the ring, but how to get it out ?
Don’t! Putting the suit side rings on latex seals is harder than putting the gloves on the ring, dive it with the gloves.

@Deep South Divers
How would you say the dexterity is with the 3416 compared to the 720?
I'm down to my last pair of 720 and not sure if I should go for the 3416 or stick with the 720.
I was able to manipulate all of the tiny buttons on my camera housing with the 3416s, but the 720s are obviously more dexterous. The 3416s felt a bit warmer and should have been bullet-proof but somehow I was able to slice one without knowing it. I went back to my Ansell AlphaTec 58-735s for the time being, but I still have 16 pairs of 720s on Ebay.

I was able to manipulate all of the tiny buttons on my camera housing with the 3416s, but the 720s are obviously more dexterous. The 3416s felt a bit warmer and should have been bullet-proof but somehow I was able to slice one without knowing it. I went back to my Ansell AlphaTec 58-735s for the time being, but I still have 16 pairs of 720s on Ebay.
3415’s are a good compromise, starting with “not blue” and going with big enough to wear whatever liners I want, I have the 3416’s on a pair of Antaries rings, in use I don’t really feel the difference.

How do I remove the rings from the drysuit, without damaging the existing seals at my drysuit?
I searched the internet, but did not find anything about removing the rings.
In the section in the manual, I can see that an O-ring holds the seal on the ring, but how to get it out?

While the suit-side ring can be removed from latex seals, the likely hood of damaging the seal glued onto the suit sleeve is rather high.

There are essentially 2 ways to mount the Ultima DGS on fixed latex seals:

1. The first way is as depicted in the picture you posted. It uses a long latex wrist seal that is glued to the suit and is folded over an o-ring, secured in place by the same o-ring and the excess end of the seal is pulled through the Ultima DGS suit-side ring to function as the wrist seal.

2. A latex or silicone wrist seal is mounted on the suit-side ring and then the latex seal glued to the suit is stretched over that assembly and retains the suit-side wring and replaceable wrist seal with o-rings:

When used with the si-tech QCS wrist cuff system, the Ultima DGS suit-side ring, with a replaceable seal, is pressed into the flexible PU ring that is glued into the sleeve cuff of the suit. The Ultima DGS suit-side ring retains the replaceable wrist seal in place and acts as the base to attach the glove side of the system.

It is difficult to remove the system from fixed latex seals due to the lack of stretchiness of the o-rings that come with the system. It is likely that the seal will be damaged when removing the system from a suit....because of this, I recommend keeping the rings mounted unless it is necessary to remove them to effect a repair.

You should be able to dive them with the suit-side rings in place without the glove side of the system mounted....doing so is one of the benefits of the system.

-Z

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom