UK diver wants to see what you see

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for all your help and ideas. Need to sit down and look at travel prices and stuff. Just want to get back in the water with my camera adn keep praticing lol.

Scubapauly

The best flights would be from Gatwick to Orlando (either BA or Virgin, both direct) and do the springs to the north - about an 8/9 hour flight and the one i take home all the time. Or you can fly from Heathrow to Miami direct at least on BA, havent done the flight (as i dont need to) and have heard that Miami is a busy airport (not to mention city). From there you could explore the south east and keys within moderate driving distances. You can get other flights, but these are some of the direct ones i know of, you can take 12-16 hours to fly over including stops in all manner of hub airports if you really want to minimise cost.

Go into your travel agent (or online) and see what flights are available and prices etc, the diving is good in both these areas - the springs are one of the few places of really clear freshwater i have heard of. It also depends on your time constraints, you are probably luckly like most in the UK at having 4+ weeks vacation a year, we only have 2, maybe 3 if you are lucky - my mum kills me with 6 weeks vacation per year - i can only dream.

Scubapauly:
Can anyone recommend good accommodation and dive centres that would be cost effective for flights, etc from the UK.
I've been to Florida a couple of times b4 I learnt to dive and so would quite fancy that. I'm looking for a diving holiday primarily not a sight seeing or theme park trip.
Open to any suggestions because I have no experience of diving in the US at all.
Hope someone can help.

Scubapauly

The Florida Keys offer some of the best diving in the continental United States (Key Largo and Looe Key are my favorites). We offer "stay-and-dive" packages at the Holiday Inn, Ramada Ltd, and Marina Del Mar, in Key Largo. PM me with the dates of your visit for more info.

Enjoy your trip!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom