• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

U/W MP3 player - closeout deal from iRiver

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by webhead, Sep 8, 2006.

1. Frasermcd

Frasermcd Instructor, Scuba

# of Dives:
    No iTunes will actually Rip the CD's to unprotected MP3's when you import them from CD. But you must set the preferences before you start importing CD's. I would also reccommend the option of letting ITunes organize your files for you, then it will put each CD in its own directory.

If you have already ripped all you cd's. Just change your i Tunes folder, change your preferences to convert all imported files to MP3 and then add your old itunes folder to the library, after having deleted all hidden files from the directories, and then choose consolidate library from the menu. ITunes should move all the files to your new folder, nicely organized and convert them all to MP3.

You can use playlists to export the files to any player. Heres How:

i) Make the playlist of the right size to fit on your player (128 MB) just a small list in this case.

ii) Use the select All function while viewing the playlist or CTRL + A.

iii) Choose copy, or CTRL + C

iv) Create a new folder in windows or browse to your mps player from my computer, and paste, the actual files that were in the playlist will be pasted.

I personally prefer iTunes, windows media WMA isx even more proprietary than iTunes. Next thing you know you wont be able to listen to your WMA's without upgrading to Windows Vista. (who knows but I wouldnt put it past m***osoft)

Just my $0.02 worth.

Happy New Year

2. Scuba-Jay

Scuba-Jay Dive Charter

has anyone purchased one of the units from these guys in the last week or so? I want a couple but have had no response to emails and thus am concerned about giving them my $$$$$

Jay

3. Jorbar1551

Jorbar1551 Dive Resort

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    i've got another one that ill sell you for 40 plus shipping. still new in the box

Jordan

4. CenTexDivin

CenTexDivin Solo Diver

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    Yeah, I got one of the 300 series packages for $38 (plus shipping) about a two weeks ago. It had the 64mb player and the housing w/ amp & headphones, batteries included. Works like a charm. It also has a mic on the player that I've been using in my classes to help keep notes during lectures (it allows me to study the back of my eyelids during those 8 am classes). I've got about 1 1/2 hours of music right now, which lasts longer than I expect to be underwater.

I'm wanting to see if this casing will work with one of the 700 series players with FM tuner and more memory.

5. Scuba-Jay

Scuba-Jay Dive Charter

finally got an email back from the company. they have the housings but no more players. For that price i was looking to pick up a bunch but no way to find cheap players anywhere else from what i can see....

6. CenTexDivin

CenTexDivin Solo Diver

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    I've seen some of the 700 series players on eBay for prices from $40 to $120, but the only person selling both the player and housing was asking for around $200.

7. Scuba-Jay

Scuba-Jay Dive Charter

Which had been my big plan until i found out they were out of stock...bumber!!

8. justleesa

justleesa Neither here nor there ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives:
    Hubby brought my attention to this one...glad I got mine for $40 :D

9. Padipro

Padipro Instructor, Scuba

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    $300...Holy smokes. I got two of them way back for $40 each. Maybe I should sell one of them and finance a weekend trip to the Keys. :eyebrow:

10. Oceanus

Oceanus Dive Equipment Manufacturer

ended Feb 25 with 0 bids....