U/W MP3 player - closeout deal from iRiver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ArcticDiver:
Ok I appreciate your, and everyone's help on this. Just to be sure I understand let met summarize what I think you are saying:

-Restating my situatiion: I have about 7G of import music from CDs I own. It is all in iTunes in default AAC format. I want to put that music on a new iPaq and maybe on some other player. I am willing to reimport the CDs since this isn't that much music and I will have some time on my hands.

- You are saying iTunes won't do this. It will convert the music to MP3; but only for burning CDs.

No iTunes will actually Rip the CD's to unprotected MP3's when you import them from CD. But you must set the preferences before you start importing CD's. I would also reccommend the option of letting ITunes organize your files for you, then it will put each CD in its own directory.

If you have already ripped all you cd's. Just change your i Tunes folder, change your preferences to convert all imported files to MP3 and then add your old itunes folder to the library, after having deleted all hidden files from the directories, and then choose consolidate library from the menu. ITunes should move all the files to your new folder, nicely organized and convert them all to MP3.

ArcticDiver:
-Even if I reimport the music into iTunes in MP3 format it still won't put the music on any other player than an iPod.

You can use playlists to export the files to any player. Heres How:

i) Make the playlist of the right size to fit on your player (128 MB) just a small list in this case.

ii) Use the select All function while viewing the playlist or CTRL + A.

iii) Choose copy, or CTRL + C

iv) Create a new folder in windows or browse to your mps player from my computer, and paste, the actual files that were in the playlist will be pasted.

ArcticDiver:
--I can convert the music to MP3 without reimport by using one of the pieces of so ftware posted. But they only convert; not allow export to a player.

If my understanding is correct. Maybe my best option is to reimport using Windows Media and MP3 format. I think that will talk to anything, including an iPod.

Have I got it straight?

I personally prefer iTunes, windows media WMA isx even more proprietary than iTunes. Next thing you know you wont be able to listen to your WMA's without upgrading to Windows Vista. (who knows but I wouldnt put it past m***osoft)

Just my $0.02 worth.

Happy New Year

has anyone purchased one of the units from these guys in the last week or so? I want a couple but have had no response to emails and thus am concerned about giving them my $$$$$

Jay

i've got another one that ill sell you for 40 plus shipping. still new in the box

Jordan

Yeah, I got one of the 300 series packages for $38 (plus shipping) about a two weeks ago. It had the 64mb player and the housing w/ amp & headphones, batteries included. Works like a charm. It also has a mic on the player that I've been using in my classes to help keep notes during lectures (it allows me to study the back of my eyelids during those 8 am classes). I've got about 1 1/2 hours of music right now, which lasts longer than I expect to be underwater.

I'm wanting to see if this casing will work with one of the 700 series players with FM tuner and more memory.

finally got an email back from the company. they have the housings but no more players. For that price i was looking to pick up a bunch but no way to find cheap players anywhere else from what i can see....

CenTexDivin:
I've seen some of the 700 series players on eBay for prices from $40 to $120, but the only person selling both the player and housing was asking for around $200.

Which had been my big plan until i found out they were out of stock...bumber!!

$300...Holy smokes. I got two of them way back for $40 each. Maybe I should sell one of them and finance a weekend trip to the Keys. :eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom