Trip Report from Carpe Vita Explorer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the report. I met one of the people who own/manage the Carpe Diem and Carpe Vita in Honduras a couple of years ago, and have been intrigued by the idea of doing a trip with them ever since. Your report is well-written and just what I was looking for. I might have to pull the trigger on a trip this year!

The boat and diving look superb!

One question: are the prices that high:the site appear to show it is about 360 dollars per person per day as the cheapest option (full board diving included)?

Thanks and best,

Rene

The prices are all visible here: Carpe Vita Schedule

You can see discounted trips highlighted in yellow. It is among the higher end boats in the Maldives.

Hi all, My wife and I are interested in diving in the Maldives, and have been following this thread. Thanks for the report! We are more interested in mantas, sharks, hard corals, with less people and boats. It seems like the southern atolls might be the best cruise option. I assume that we want to go when the currents are strongest, so is Dec-March still the best season - does the season spill into March? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Hi Charlier - Here is a page of Maldives diving information .You can find lots of information on currents, times of the year for various areas within the Maldives including the southern atolls if that is really where you have in mind.

There are boats such as MY Sheena which run southern trips all year round, visiting Meemu, Laamu and Thaa. In fact their low season prices begin at the end of May. Feel free to let us know if you want to make progress on this plan. Sounds like a good one!

I just got back from a great trip on the Carpe Vita.

What a beautiful boat. The boat, crew, food, service, dhoni, were fantastic. Only down part of the trip was the visibility was a little low.

OnTheSpot, could you please tell me which itinerary you did them? When I go to the site it has choices of Maldives Central Atolls, Maldives North & Central, Maldives South & Central, Maldives Northern Atolls.....
Not too familiar with the islands yet but your itinerary sounded great. Thanks!

OnTheSpot, could you please tell me which itinerary you did them? When I go to the site it has choices of Maldives Central Atolls, Maldives North & Central, Maldives South & Central, Maldives Northern Atolls

The trip report is Maldives South & Central. It focusses mostly on Vaavu, Ari and South Male. It's a good itinerary.

If you want us to take care of the booking, just say the word. :)

Sounds like we should have gone on that boat. Instead we have just come back from being on Honors Blue Legacy/Blueotwo. We did the 'Best of the Maldives' a 10 day trip. Very very disappointing. Will write a full trip report in the next few days. Lots of issues which were not dealt with.

My wife and I will be on the Carpe Vita in 2 weeks. We are very excited. Not looking forward to traveling on Emirates with their baggage restrictions though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom