Type of Steel Tanks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How did you do teh job ?
first removing all the paint and then transparant epoxy ?
i that case, did you polish the metal ?
or did you first painted the bottle with a primer ?

Thank You all for the great info. I got approval to purchase two steel tanks. I think I will buy the PST HP 100ct. Now, I just need to convince the CFO when to release the funs for the PO.:rolleyes:

My OMS's I stripped with stripper, a "widget" (single sided razorblade), sandpaper and wire brush. Polished 'em up with a wire brush. Sent 'em to hydro (always send 'em to hydro if you work on 'em before filling with air again); washed with detergent, rinsed and dried, first coat of clear epoxy went on today. I'll sand that ever so lightly, and then a second coat before putting 'em back in service.
I'll let y'all know how they're doing in a few months.
Rick

I call LDS for pricing on the HP PST-100cf which is going for $275.00 which is a reasonable price.
Here is what confused me... I ask about the HP PST-100cf but the sales person corrects me and said it is HP PST-102cf. Is the sales person pulling my leg :confused: Cause... I look at the specs. for the HP PST on the PST website and it only list the HP PST at 80cf, 100cf and 120cf.
Is there a conversion discrepancy?
All comments are welcome(good or bad).

Thanks
Koper

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom