For Sale Tyler Johnston a/k/a “Hppyfam,” is selling items and not shipping them.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cenotes

Registered
Reaction score
A mystical cenote near Mérida when not in Chicago
# of dives
500 - 999
I write per the recent directive we were given to notify others of this type of activity by using this protocol. Tyler Johnston, with the user name of “Hppyfam,” sold me items and did not deliver them. At least one other user posted the same issue here: For Sale - Katana 2 all black version. After hearing from Tyler that he was allegedly leaving for CCR training in May to Germany, I gave him more than ample time to return and to ship. His silence after my repeated contact efforts spoke louder than any words. I gave him the benefit of the doubt since he is a registered PADI open water instructor. Obviously, he's checked his messages since he was on this board last Monday as someone else also noted and, of course, since he also had to use this board to make his additional sale.

As Tyler is a PADI instructor, someone likely knows him. In fact, on August 24, 2022, he and his seven other PADI instructor classmates received their instructor certificates and are found in smiling Facebook photos on the Micronesian Divers Association page which is easy to locate using a simple online search. Perhaps someone who knows Tyler and stumbles upon this can speak to him to find out if his account was hijacked and, if not, to “reorient” him back to normalcy?

I too had a disappointing experience buying from Tyler Johnston aka @Hppyfam though not nearly as bad as yours. I'm sharing it as an additional data point in his behavior on the board.

in January 2024, I responded to his ad selling a used Nomad Ray for $450. I thought it was a fair deal and was ready to buy it. While we worked out the deal, he tells me he has the redundant bladder for it but it is currently in Germany. He says he will have it in hand soon and ship it at no cost. I went ahead with the purchase, telling him I trust he will send the redundant bladder. I received the Ray without issue. The redundant bladder though... not so much. Long story short, I have been messaging him every month or two asking if he's gotten his hands on the bladder. He stopped responding to me around May. No bladder has been shipped or received.

This instance is not nearly as egregious as what you and @fishy75 experienced. The ad didn't mention the redundant bladder, and I thought $450 was a fair price for the Ray without one. But ultimately he did commit to sending it as part of the purchase and didn't follow through. It has been a disappointment and I feel misled, but I can't say I feel ripped off. The whole redundant bladder thing was an unexpected bonus on the purchase. I hope whatever is going on with Tyler gets better for him.

CC: @The Chairman

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom